Sign in with
Your question

What is the white terminal on asus astc tv tuner card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2010 4:31:00 PM

I have 2 Hp slimlines.Bought a tv tuner card.Pc does not see it after installing software.There is a white terminal with pin connectors on one end what is this and where does it connect?Thanks
a b x TV
a b α HP
September 1, 2010 6:47:12 PM

Sounds like an audio input or output connection. An input would probably connect to your front audio port. An output would probably connect to either your sound card or motherboard.

-Wolf sends
m
l
September 11, 2010 4:07:18 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Sounds like an audio input or output connection. An input would probably connect to your front audio port. An output would probably connect to either your sound card or motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Thank you very much for the reply.I am still not any further ahead,though.This tuner card is the same as hp5188-7344.It can be viewed on ebay listings to see the white connector port I mentioned.Nowhere on the internet have I been able to get a picture of one fully connected or the actual ribbon cable.I have almost given up totally and may remove the card soon and purchase an external tuner.HP official sight has absolutely nothing on installation other that"follow the directions"which have no mention of this connection at all,just"plug and play".Somewhere,somehow,someone must have encountered installing one of these tuners and had to find out how to install it completely in an HP Slimline PC.I do appreciate your response that it must ba an audio connection.It atleast gives me something to go on.Thanks,Big Al
m
l
a b x TV
a b α HP
September 11, 2010 6:51:04 PM

Well, that's not the white terminal I was thinking of. I was thinking more along the lines of the 4-pin input you might use to connect a CD-ROM drive to the sound card. As it turns out, your "E-Bay" search suggestion paid off!

It is, in fact a Front Chassis connection, but rather than for just audio, it actually accept both Composite/S-Video and audio. So if your PC has a front S-Video/Composite and audio input ports, the internal cable those ports connect to would then connect to the 10-pin port on the card.

This is just an additional connection and is not required for functionality of the card.

E-Bay listing

Under the specs, it states the following:

Quote:
White 10-pin header on the component side is included to provide additional S-Video, composite video, and audio inputs through the front chassis.

-Wolf sends

m
l
!