What are the best settings for Nvidia control panel ?

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hii
I've GTX 470 with the latest drivers from nvidia site .
While viewing Nvidia control panel I noticed some properties are turned off

Pics are speaking
53747973.png

12534683.png

Is this normal ?
Can I get better graphics adjusting these setting all to max or
is it enough to adjust the game only to get the best visuals without changing the driver ?

I want to get the best I could from my card specially that Mafia 2 benchmark gives me only 27.5 frames
which make me mad that I have a high end card playing with 27 frames !!

Anyways , I don't want to get out of the thread , How can I get the best of my card ?
Thankx

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
Driver defaults are almost always best for compatibility and performance - setting everything to minimums will bring you a maybe 10% fps increase.

What else is in ur system?

Seems about right: SLI 480 sc 980x 12gb 9800gt physx = 50 min ~55 average
in game its always 60 (i cap w/ vsync to my monitors 60hz)
but i max out almost everything for quality in nvcpl (except AAx8)

Also physx makes an assload of difference on high (at all really).

BTW: (best quality)

amb occlu = quality
aniso filter = 16
anti alias gamma correct = on
AA mode = 8
aa transperancy = multisample (the others - super- are better quality but not worth the performance drop)
multi = single performance - even if you have 2 or 3 but are only using 1 then use single
power = adaptive (i think it does a good job of jumping to high power mode when running games)
sli mode - nvidia recommended
texture filtering = off (opengl - doesnt really matter)
negetive lod bias = clamp
filtering quality = quality
thread opt = auto
triple buff = on
vert sync = on

acer0169

Distinguished
It's fine to change a few global settings, but most of the people who edit settings in the nvidia control panel use the "program settings" because you don't want to set your global settings sky-high for some of your older games only to realise it's also set for Crysis and BC2 and you can't play for *** because your computer can't take it.

Silversifternhs has given good information, read what he's got down for "best quality".. I can't see any major issue which his settings.

Helltech

Distinguished
I keep mine at default, I have power set to performance as opposed to adaptive becuase it doesn't ramp my second card up to high clocks all the time, if I don't.