Sign in with
Your question

My hhd mbr damaged and i cant fix it

Last response: in Storage
January 27, 2013 4:43:22 PM

Hi guys

something happen to my wd my book 2 tb , firist thing happen i couldnt acces my hardisk and telling me that it need to be formatted , and next thing it disappeared from my computer list , i can only knew he is there by some programs such partion doctor and test disk etc

i tried to wirte a new mbr by test disk and by partion doctor and it didnt sucess to write a new mbr

its like my hhd has been cursed and there are nothing can fix it

i dont even know why i asked for help , am losing hope but its worth a shot ,

i dont rly want to lose all that 2 tb data anyone pls help :( 

More about : hhd mbr damaged fix

a b G Storage
January 27, 2013 5:22:48 PM

go to the WD.com site and get their software to run tests on the drive (its a external drive so no need for a windows MBR on it)
m
l
January 28, 2013 3:45:28 AM

anonymous1 said:
go to the WD.com site and get their software to run tests on the drive (its a external drive so no need for a windows MBR on it)

if you mean WD SmartWare i already did , and its says ( no writable WD SmartWare partition found ) :??: 
m
l
Related resources
January 28, 2013 3:51:12 AM

i tried to fix my hard drive with HDD Regenerator , firist its tell me ( Master boot record of this drive is damged ) when repair starting its says (disk problem - seek failure)

it also said ( connect USB as Internal ) how i can do that ??
m
l
a b G Storage
January 28, 2013 4:10:52 AM

Update firmware . insert that in usb 2.0 . backup all data (linux cd or hirean boot cd)before update .
m
l
January 28, 2013 5:01:54 AM

sorry but how i can update firmware ?

and backup all data you mean all data on my pc , or only the data on the damaged hdd ?

hirean boot cd and linux cd can reach my damaged drive and backup all the data in it ??

m
l
January 28, 2013 6:05:10 AM

i did updated the firmware of my damged drive , but nothing happen :( 
m
l
January 28, 2013 7:06:17 AM

To recover the lost 2TB data, you’d better firstly try a hard drive recovery freeware and then format it to have a try. This freeware has helped my friend retrieve all his inaccessible data from a “not formatted” flash drive. I believe it will help you, too.

If you are interested in it, you can visit here: -http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/11/convert-raw-to-nt...

The “not formatted” problem often happens because of improper use, virus attack, or even weak power support, etc. Don’t worry!

Note: You should never store new data on this drive to rewrite the original data.
You should never store you important files on only one hard drive.
m
l
January 28, 2013 9:07:31 AM

thanks but this freeware ask for $$ to recover more than 2 gb :??: 

i got lot of bad sectors on my damged drive
m
l
!