Sign in with
Your question

I cannot install osx with tonymacx86 guide via raid0

Last response: in Systems
October 19, 2010 3:36:20 PM

i havea hackingtosh 2 90Gb ssd's in a raid0,Retail SL DVD,ATI-5xxx3 BL,1 stick 4gb ram,1 video card and 1 monitor,but i had 2 hd's in the cpu cause i thought i would be able to do the same (tonymacx86 Guide) but with 2 hds configged into raid0 but i guess it is not possible?
I changed all the bios settings AHCI,HPET64 etc,I see 2 drives in disk utility and i can set up a raid0 fine i get thru the rest of the install but when in Chameleon boot selection screen i see iboot,ihach1 and ihack2 (raid drives) never a single drive with a apple logo?
ive gotten to the end of the install a couple times but the bios will not boot from the drive (like the bios cant see the raid or something like that etc.
So i just think this cannot be done with a raid config only with a standard single HD and then later on clone back to a raid0 config like...

please tell me this is correct if so im just going to get a 100-150gb sata drive and install onto it then clone to raid0 drives after.
thanks-J.

dodgy looking commercial link removed
October 19, 2010 3:48:07 PM

This is not a site for discussing such illegal matters there are plenty of osx hacking sites out there to help you.
October 19, 2010 11:52:46 PM

^ lol. +1.

Anyways, WHY would you want to run OSX? Give Fedora/openSUSE a try if you want to try a different OS.
Related resources
October 20, 2010 1:23:08 AM

It's not actually illegal depending on where you live if you buy the disk yourself.
October 20, 2010 1:12:18 PM

^ True, but according to Lord Jobs, it is against the EULA and therefore it is illegal. :p 
October 20, 2010 7:40:05 PM

^ Can't read it. I'v been banned from that section :lol: 
October 20, 2010 7:50:05 PM

I thought you and Tuan kissed and made up?

The following was Joe's response:

After reviewing the matter, OSx86 discussion is fine so long as it is within the confines of direct personal use with software that has been purchased from an authorized retailer. I emphasize "personal use".

October 21, 2010 1:23:45 AM

^ Ah... I see. As far as getting Banned, no I haven't been unbanned and I haven't asked for an un-ban.
!