Asus m2n68-am plus power

kjamesth

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Just bought an ASUS M2N68-AM Plus mobo for an HP Pavilion a6720y computer. Once installed I hit the power button but nothing happend. Fans did not start and nothing on monitor. To troubleshoot, I unplugged the 4-pin 12V connector. The fans started but still no display of any kind. I have checked that my power supply is 300w (required).

Any ideas?

kjamesth

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I believe I did install correctly as the holes did match. Tried the other sugguestons (clear CMOS, different memory) with no success. Am using the onboard graphics.

kjamesth

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011

No additional PCI cards. Just HDD and DVD drive. Have pictures but not sure how to post.

kjamesth

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Just got off the phone with ASUS support. He says that my PSU is not sufficient. However, their user guide says 300w is ok barring any additional components. Confused. Will start looking for another PSU I guess.

kjamesth

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Found the problem and it was not the power supply. Did a bench test and everything works. So had an apparent short when installed in chassis (should have thought of this earlier). I reinstalled and loosened the mounting screws just a little. Now all is working.

Just FYI, I got the HP error "System Configuration Error" know as "code purple". Found a way around that, but that's another story for another day.

Thanks to all for replys. Should have taken your first question to heart regarding install.