Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3, rev 1
Corsair CMX4GX3M2A 1600C9 R 2x2gb
AMD 945 w/Arctic Cooler
OCZ 600 watt modular power supply
WD 500gb black
Lite on DVD
Pony Quadro FX 580 512mb
Lian Li PC K7B

Turn PC on, one beep, (hard drive light flashes), dvd light does NOT go on, first message on screen:
Loading Operating System, Boot from CD/DVD
Disk boot failure, insert system disk

Sometimes there is a very, very brief bios page flash, only in upper right, less than one second. Other times I see nothing on the screen, but a very slight monitor flicker, then the above message.

If I turn on, wait for beep, then press DEL 3 or 4 times I can get into bios successfully.
In CMOS, system shows 4 gb mem, 500gb hard drive (port 0), shows DVD as plugged into a port (have tried various ports, does it matter?).

I am ready to Q flash the bios with the newest version, but I think I should first be able to boot normally into bios by seeing the Gigabyte flash screen first.

Thanks for your help.

Rich.

More about : build beep post screen messages

October 19, 2010 7:24:36 PM

Some PC's go past the BIOS splash screen really fast, and LCD monitors could also be the cause as they may not refresh fast enough. On my Asus P5K-Premium and my Viewsonic LCD the BIOS screen goes by so fast you have to be pressing the key one it boots.
m
l
October 19, 2010 7:46:22 PM

I think it is a non-issue.

Once you get into the BIOS, see if you have a full screen logo display option. If you don't, then try enabling something that delays the process, say you can disable quick book? or check memory or something. I am not entirely sure but it should be okay as long as you are getting a one beep.

If you have a LINUX bootable DVD, change the bootup option to DVD first and then see if LINUX (UBUNTU) loads right away.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 19, 2010 8:00:53 PM

I have that same mobo, and I don't see the POST screen, sometimes just a split second.
October 19, 2010 10:18:04 PM

Godzealot said:
I have that same mobo, and I don't see the POST screen, sometimes just a split second.

Thanks, I flashed bios and loaded windows, ready to go.
m
l
October 26, 2010 11:59:06 PM

Best answer selected by rschilling.
m
l
!