Windows Vista Network Access in a Virtual PC

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Virtual PC
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
September 14, 2005 10:19:02 PM

Hi,

I have Vista running on a virtual PC (with the VPC extensions installed) but
I am unable to access the internet. It apears that there is a problem with
the default NIC card (Intel 21140 Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Generic))
that the VM is imulating.

I have a RealTek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC install in my HP
Pavilion (zv5320ca) laptop.

--
Thanks.

Ron

More about : windows vista network access virtual

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:53:27 AM

Ron;
This is a Windows XP newsgroup and not a Vista newsgroup.
My understanding is the current build of Vista does not support VPC.
Further, since Vista is Beta, it is totally unsupported.
Whatever your source for Vista may be your best support option.
Install any Beta completely at your own risk planning on no other support.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Vista running on a virtual PC (with the VPC extensions installed)
> but
> I am unable to access the internet. It apears that there is a problem with
> the default NIC card (Intel 21140 Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
> (Generic))
> that the VM is imulating.
>
> I have a RealTek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC install in my HP
> Pavilion (zv5320ca) laptop.
>
> --
> Thanks.
>
> Ron