Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Blue Screen
  • Clean Install
  • Computer
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 19, 2010 11:07:02 PM

I hadn't even loaded all of the drivers after a clean install before I got that blue screen. What are the obvious and first things to check out? I understand that there may be dozens of things wrong with it, but I want to know what some common problems are. Before the clean install, as long as I wasn't overclocking, I wouldn't get those screens.

More about : blue screen computer fresh windows install

a c 104 B Homebuilt system
October 20, 2010 12:56:43 AM

Many times the BSOD's are created by bad ram or incorrect settings of ram. Then if you have not finished installing the drivers it could be that as well.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 20, 2010 3:42:59 AM

When you get the blue screen can you see what fault it's giving you? You should be able to go into bios and turn off the reboot after failure. That will give you a chance to see what it says and write it down.
m
l
Related resources
October 20, 2010 10:56:54 PM

Can you plz tell me where in the bios to find the feature to turn off the reboot after failure, or at least what main category to look in? Also, upon reboot, after turning off that feature, where and/or when will I see the fault description?
m
l
October 20, 2010 11:10:31 PM

You can do it in Windows, right click on my computer and choose properties, then go to the advanced tab, under start up and recovery hit the settings button, and then under system failure uncheck Automatically restart.
m
l
October 21, 2010 6:59:12 PM

Okay, I saw where to uncheck the automatic restart button, but is the system going to go straight to the fault description and stay there or will it appear momentarily and go to something else before I can write it all down? If so, do I have to hit a button to keep it from going away? What do I have to do to get to the fault description screen?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 21, 2010 7:11:04 PM

Try this method. After your BIOS screen goes away, start tapping F8 until the Windows boot
menu comes up. Towards the bottom of the screen is an option to not
restart on error. Arrow down to highlight it and press Enter. There are a couple different versions but you'll get the idea. Then if the
BSOD appears, it will (should) stay there until you power off your comp
m
l
!