Solved PSU Upgrade Offered for Free--Should I Take It? Tags: Power Supplies OCZ Components Last response: January 14, 2011 2:22 AM in Components Share Hastibe January 13, 2011 6:35:26 PM I had to RMA my OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro, however, OCZ can't replace it. Instead they have offered me a OCZ 780W ModXStream-B. It is a slightly older unit and is re-certified, but still will keep the warranty. Should I take it? I need to reply to them soon. More about : psu upgrade offered free | E-mail me updates | Report abuse Register or log in to remove clarkjd Power supply Expert January 13, 2011 7:02:57 PM And your other options are? I say go for it! Dual Post: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/302806-31-upgrade-off... | Report abuse Best solution dokk2 January 13, 2011 7:05:35 PM AS long as it has ALL the RIGHT connections for your current and maybe your next upgrade ,,, why not... | Report abuse Hastibe January 13, 2011 7:15:39 PM Other options are to wait until my previous PSU or a current similar one becomes available again (they are back-ordered/out of stock). Connections seem almost exactly the same: OCZ 780W ModXStream-B: * 1 x 20+4-pin ATX * 1 x 4+4-pin CPU(supports double CPUs/supplies stable voltage) * 2 x6-pin PCI-E Modular Connectors: * 1 x 4+4-pin CPU * 2 x 6-pin PCI-E * 6 xSATA * 6 x Peripheral * 3 x Floppy OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro: * 1 x 20/24-pin ATX * 1 x 8-pin CPU * 1x 4-pin CPU Modular: * 1 x 6-pin PCI-E * 1 x 6+2-pin PCI-E * 4 x Peripheral * 2 x Floppy * 6 x SATA | Report abuse clarkjd Power supply Expert January 13, 2011 7:22:18 PM How quickly do you need the replacement? If you can afford to wait, then wait for the one you want. I'd go for the 780W deal myself.. | Report abuse Hastibe January 14, 2011 2:22:54 AM Best answer selected by Hastibe. | Report abuse Register or log in to remove Ask the community Publish Tom's Hardware>Forum>Components>PSU Upgrade Offered for Free--Should I Take It?> Related ressources: ForumPSU Upgrade Offered for Free--Should I Take It? Forum1000 dollar build doesnt seem right Forum[Motherboard] Offered upgrade for old dead board.. any advice? ForumWhich offered option to choose: 2600k vs. 3570K Forumhttp://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] ree-should ForumWas going to build but been offered this whats it worth? ForumNew build, need advice for choosing CPU ($300 give or take ) ForumI need to know what gpu nd psu my hp compaq 6005 pro sff can take ForumTake a look at my build ideas ForumI was offered a free 9950 BE ForumUpgrading some components, please take a look :) ForumCan my PSU take on this rig? ForumAsus RMA offers new board. Should I take it? ForumPSU Help ForumGA-MA785GM-US2H Build jitters and PSU concerns? ForumUpgrade CPU? ForumComputer Upgrade Help Forum[Solved] Does Antec CP-850 PSU fit in a FT-02? ForumCPU Upgrade - Do I have enough power? ForumPSU: Amps per +12V rail needed More resources Read discussions in other Components categories Power supplies Sound cards NICs Akasa Antec Cooler Master Cougar DeepCool Enermax !