Recycle Bin Always Empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have gone into my recycle bin on many occasions, and there are never any
files in there. At the bottom it also says "0" objects. As a novice, what
have I setup wrong, and what can I do to remedy this?

Barry T wrote:
> I have gone into my recycle bin on many occasions, and there are
> never any files in there. At the bottom it also says "0" objects.
> As a novice, what have I setup wrong, and what can I do to remedy
> this?

Right click the Recycle Bin icon and select Properties. Make sure that the option "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin" is not selected.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

I opened up "properties", and that box is not checked

Barry T wrote:
> I opened up "properties", and that box is not checked

Barry

Go to the following website. Scroll down to line 64, right side and click the "Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP" link to download the .reg file. Double click the downloaded file and confirm the registry merge. Restart the system and check the behavior of the Recycle Bin.

Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Ronnie,
I ran the restorerecycebin program, yet I can still delete files, and they
don't show up in the recycle bin. Where do I go next?

Barry T wrote:
> Ronnie,
> I ran the restorerecycebin program, yet I can still delete files, and
> they
> don't show up in the recycle bin. Where do I go next?
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> Barry T wrote:
>>> I opened up "properties", and that box is not checked
>>>

>> Barry
>>
>> Go to the following website. Scroll down to line 64, right side and
>> click the "Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP" link to
>> download the .reg file. Double click the downloaded file and confirm
>> the registry merge. Restart the system and check the behavior of the
>> Recycle Bin.
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP:
>>

>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Barry

OK, back to Kelly's website again. :)

Go to this page where she has an extensive list of most issues connected with this behavior. Step through those fixes until you find the one that corrects this behavior.

Troubleshooting the Recycle Bin
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_qr.htm#rb

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

I have gone into my recycle bin on many occasions, and there are never any
files in there. At the bottom it also says "0" objects. As a novice, what
have I setup wrong, and what can I do to remedy this?
Add a reply
;
;
;
try this... go to recycle bin properties.. then on the tab button click on (C:) Local Disk then choose "Configure Drives Independently".

hope i could help. it works on me..