Sign in with
Your question

Multiple av cards pc

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 9:46:56 PM

Hi all, would anyone have any advice on how I can transmit 6 Windows (XP) from a single PC to 30+ LCD screens displaying those 6 windows (5 LCD screens per open window) All will require audio.

Cheap solution investigated so far involves installing 2x 4 port video cards (VGA) then connect databay 8 port transmitter to receiver via cat6, just not sure how to carry audio .

More about : multiple cards

September 2, 2010 5:29:10 AM

Quote:
Hi all, would anyone have any advice on how I can transmit 6 Windows (XP) from a single PC to 30+ LCD screens displaying those 6 windows (5 LCD screens per open window) All will require audio.

Cheap solution investigated so far involves installing 2x 4 port video cards (VGA) then connect databay 8 port transmitter to receiver via cat6, just not sure how to carry audio .

Wow... that is big! When you say "all will require audio", do you mean that you want 1 source of audio playing across speakers integrated into all of the monitors, or 6 different sources of audio playing only on the monitors that display their respective window.

For the first scenario, it depends on what kind of input your monitors have, if they all have the standard 3.5mm speaker jack, then the cheapest (my estimate) option would be a system of splitters and wires that connect to all of the monitors. I can't speak for quality, and it'll probably be rather complex and a tangled mess.

For the second scenario... it depends on what applications you run. You would need to have each window run its sound on a separate audio output. Given that most of your PCI/PCIe slots are taken by those video cards... how about USB audio dongles? Should work for you... i'm not sure how you would have each window run its sound on the seperate audio dongles, but i'm pretty sure it is possible.

Furthermore, you need some good software to manage how the windows are spread across the monitors!

Good luck! :sol: 
!