Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia GT 220 Overheat Issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 1, 2010 10:48:55 PM

IMPORTANT: After relocating my computer, I am getting much cooler temperatures, I think that this problem is solved for now. Thanks to everyone who posted here.

Hi, I am having trouble with my GT 220 card. It over heats and gives a a message saying "No Signal" on my monitor. My computer and monitor are by Acer.

Very simple games like Minecraft and RuneScape can cause this video card to over heat and make my computer shutdown.

Computer Specifications:
* Model - AM5811-E1112
* Processor - Intel Core i5 650 @3.2ghz
* Memory - 8GB DDR3 RAM
* Video Card - Nvidia GT 220 DDR2 1024MB

With Acer X223W 22" LCD Monitor.

DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/nMznfuKF
Detailed Video Card Specifications:
GPU-Z Sensor Log (From first start up to the launch of this post, various crashes in between): http://pastebin.com/6VErAyRU

Please do not tell me to contact Acer Technical Support for help fixing this issue, they really don't help.

If there are any more specifications you need, just ask. Thanks in advanced.
a c 1363 U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 11:01:03 PM

Is it under warranty?
Score
September 1, 2010 11:03:41 PM

rolli59 said:
Is it under warranty?

It should be, the only thing I added to this computer was a case fan (Which I can remove). The case fan is set so that it intakes are, should I set it the opposite direction? The GT 220 was already installed in the computer.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 1363 U Graphics card
September 1, 2010 11:10:21 PM

Being under warranty the best thing to do is to go to Acer. It is most likely a faulty card. On the airflow question pushing air in and having the PSU exhaust it would be correct.
September 1, 2010 11:11:44 PM

rolli59 said:
Being under warranty the best thing to do is to go to Acer. It is most likely a faulty card. On the airflow question pushing air in and having the PSU exhaust it would be correct.

I better go switch around my case fan then.
Score
September 1, 2010 11:49:05 PM

rolli59 said:

I switched it around, i'll post results if they change later.
Score
September 2, 2010 7:35:24 PM

rolli59 said:

I switched it around and the problem still continues.
Score
a c 153 U Graphics card
September 2, 2010 7:36:47 PM

What is your case and fan setup?
Score
September 2, 2010 9:36:20 PM

Helltech said:
What is your case and fan setup?

Its a medium tower by Acer. I didn't custom build this computer, I just bought it from BestBuy. The only thing I added was a case fan. I switched around my case fan yesterday so that it brings air into the case. I am relying on the PSU to take out air, the case fan sits underneath the PSU.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:45:50 PM

could always check the cards cooler for dust,,make sure h/sink has good contact with the gpu,,if its passivly cooled fit a small fan to the h/sink to disperse the heat.
Score
September 3, 2010 12:45:19 AM

pkw4 said:
could always check the cards cooler for dust,,make sure h/sink has good contact with the gpu,,if its passivly cooled fit a small fan to the h/sink to disperse the heat.

I cleaned all the fans in my computer including the GT 220s fan. That did not help much so I decided to move my computer to my basement. This is because my basement is A LOT cooler than the original room my computer was in and that has thankfully made my video card run cooler as well.
Score
September 10, 2010 12:07:25 AM

Best answer selected by fuddy12345.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 10, 2010 12:31:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!