Chiefbug

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
I have three runs from the barn where my micro wave link comes in and where the office is to the house. Every thing in the barn/office works fine, but all three runs to the house are not passing data. All three lines test good connected in a loop and back to the tester or or as single line with the remote on the house end of each. The three cables show they receive at 10 mps but should run at 100mps between the switches. both switches are d-link on a 4 port the other an 8 port the switch from the micro wave link shows 100mps and the switch in the house only 10 mps. I have swapped the switches and get the same result. I have checked all the cables and there are no bends or breaks.
I am at a loss for what to do next anyone got any ideas?

Chiefbug

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Seventy-five feet give or take and it is GE outdoor cable. The first two cables worked for a while then the switch stopped receiving data. There is little to no loss in the wire when looped and tested with the meter. the cat-5 tester tests the cables as ok both looped and as single runs. I have tried computer to computer and again they pass on data even though they show as connected. I have tried switch to switch with the same results. I have replaced the ends twice on all the cables with no change in the results. I have inspected the runs and fould no breaks in the covering, no tight bends. and no flattened areas.

I have run miles of this cable both in the military and for business and have never encountered this before and it has me baffled. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks for lessening.