PETITION TO STOP DRIVERS FROM BEING AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED!

rocknroll0237

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I'd like use this forum to start a petition.

The petition is to get Microsoft to release an update that gives users the option to stop Windows from automatically installing drivers.

I've looked for solutions all over the web (here's one of them), but none of them work.

I have an Asus Ares and every time I install new drivers (either from ATI or the official Asus website), a few days later, Windows installs 5970 drivers. This causes my custom drivers to stop functioning. :fou:

Microsoft NEED to know that this is an issue that MUST be resolved! :ange:

rocknroll0237

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Atm, I'm running older drivers (the official Asus Ares drivers) and they don't have that feature. Windows has still installed 5900 drivers by default.

If it updates automatically, than u can stop that programs update utility from accessing the net.

In the Windows update u can select to never check for updates or check for updates, but let me choose whether to download or install them.

rocknroll0237

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Ok, that might be worth a try. Do you know where the entry is? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, I doubt that it's actaully downloading anthing in the first place. I think it's installing something that's already installed on the machine.

PS Every time I update the drivers, I use Driversweeper and delete the entries in Device Manager, etc.

rocknroll0237

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Yes:

ASUS ARES [Display adapter]

ASUS EAH5970 Series [Display adapter]

PKB Maestro 242DX [Monitor] (23.4"vis, s/n D210C0024000, December 2009)

The ASUS EAH5970 Series shouldn't be there...

Btw, is it ok to have a Security Benchmark Score of 0.63/10?

Sure, it is ruthless on judging u, isn't it?
Do u have latest updates, protection apps and others... U can click on why is it so low...

It will show u all the reasons : ) Bit paranoid by Belarc IMHO.