Looking for Front Panel w/ USB 3.0 & SATA 3 (6GB/s)

ljre2628

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I really couldn't find a group that was better suited to ask this questions. If I'm not in the correcr area please just let me know.
I can't figure out why I'm having problems finding the correct answer - so here goes:
I've recently purchased a Gigabyte MB that has both USB 3.0 and SATA 3 (6gb/s) as well as several USB 2 ports. What I want is a 3.25 inch front panel that will allow me to access these high speed ports from the front of the machine. I just purchased a BYTECC UFH-421 and it is EXACTLY what I need except it doesn't support USB 3.0 or SATA (or eSATA) 3.0 (6gb/s). It nicely slides into a front bay where a floppy would go and gives me the access to those slower ports and more. I had no problems finding this device online, but what I'm, really, really looking for is the same exact product supporting the higher speed ports. I still have use for my UFH-421 but the panel I've explained would make my life complete. (So maybe I exaggerate a little).
Any ideas?

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
^ only problem with that model is it does not state whether it supports the sata 3 i suppose it doesn't matter as it is a direct link from the board to the port? or is there chipset before it outputs?

ljre2628

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Thanks for your suggetions. I purchased a UFH-421 (http://www.byteccusa.com/product/hub/UFH-421/UFH-421.htm). When trying to install it I notieced that the USB connector on the adapter has a single row of pins. However my MB (Gigabyte ga-h67a-ud3h-b3_v1.1_e) USB interface connectors has connectors with 2 rows of pins. I have searched everywhere I can think of to clarify this but found nothing. I'd really like to get this interface running before I put the machine back into the computer desk which does not have easy access to the rear panel. I would have uploaded a screenshot of the USB ports but can't seem to do that.

Does anyone have any experience with this adaptor?

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
How Many USB ports are there on the adapter you bought 1? That would make sense as you are only running one controller so therefore you will connect it to the usb output ports bottom or top row it doesn't matter.