CPU upgrade on a A8N32-Sli Deluxe

PIZZA Man

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
I am looking to upgrade the CPU on a A8N32-Sli Deluxe Mobo. It currently has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+. What options do I have? Is a quad core a possibility?

Update: I found out the socket type to be 939. It seems to be a rather obscure socket type and I'm having difficulty finding anything for it. Help please?

Solution
You already have the fastest athlon X2 for the board only Opteron 185 and FX60 were faster at 2.6GHz. Full upgrade is the next step.

PIZZA Man

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Rolli59 is correct. I finally found some time to dig a little deeper and found some info. Processors for the 939 socket type were only produced between the years 2004 and 2006, thus you're not going to see blazing fast quad cores. The Opteron 185 and Athlon 64 FX-60 were the fastest processors produced for it, both being dual cores clocked at 2.6 Ghz. Both of these processors seem quite hard to come by, however I came across an FX-60, but at a price of $197. That of course would be a ridiculous price to pay for a .4 Ghz improvement. I could easily overclock to that for goodness sakes, which is what I'm sure I will end up doing since I cannot afford a mobo+ processor upgrade and all that comes with it. Thank you rolli59 for the direct and usefull answer.

Edit: I somehow missed malmental's comment till just now, thanks to him as well