Sign in with
Your question

Yellow exclamation beside device in device manager...

Last response: in Components
January 14, 2011 3:42:19 AM

I have a yellow exclamation point beside a device listing in device manager. It is beside this specific listing:

System Devices>Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

When i right click and look at the properties under device status is says:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I recently upgraded my video card to a HIS ATI Radeon 4650 1gb and my sstem memory to 1gbDDR400 PC3200 dual channel mode kit.

Also, my pc recently started rebooting upon me shutting it down. It doesn't everytime but atleast 50% of shutdowns it will. When it does it will reboot and I will logon to desktop and choose shutdown again and it will then shutdown.

The pc runs very smooth and flawless other than this reboot thing.

Here are my specs:
AMD Athlon XP2400
ASUS A7NX8 Deluxe
1gb Kingston DDR400 PC3200 Dual Channel Kit
HIS Radeon 4650 1gb AGP8x
WindowsXP Home Edition sp3
January 14, 2011 4:29:55 PM

Could this be causing my reboot upon shutdown?
m
l
January 14, 2011 5:01:13 PM

Ok. i'll give it a go when i get home. Thanks
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2011 2:35:36 AM

Heres the blue screen error message I recieved at shutdown:

STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xF7491AB9, 0xF792290c, 0xF7922608)

pci.sys - Address F7491AB9 base at F748F000, DateStamp 480252bb
m
l
January 15, 2011 3:27:44 AM

I do have the Windows XP disc. I built the pc and have the the os disc as well as th ASUS motherboard drivers disc which is Nvidia Nforce2 series. Aftwr uninstallind the device and reboot do I need to ise one of the discs to reinstall the device driver? Thanks
m
l
January 15, 2011 3:37:24 AM

I tried downloading the driver you posted earlier and I would click download and it would never download. I just uninstalled and rebooted.it installed the device but it still has yellow!
m
l
January 15, 2011 4:11:03 AM

No luck. I did the exactly as directed in last post with same result. Also, I noticed at shutdown or a reboot, just before the pc shuts off a flash of my previous desktop wallpaper shows for about a second then pc does normal procedure etc. What causes this?
m
l
January 15, 2011 4:15:06 AM

Actually I have sound. My speakers are connected to the green jack on the back of mobo.
m
l
January 15, 2011 4:28:51 AM

I downloaded the driver from the cnet url you posted. I run the.setup.exe and it says these audio drivers dont support my hardware
m
l
January 15, 2011 4:34:37 AM

Best answer selected by rchapman.
m
l
January 15, 2011 5:23:44 AM

The only audio i know of is the nvidia nforce. I have always used the onboard audio
m
l
January 15, 2011 5:46:52 AM

No luck. It says doesnt have info about my hardware. Im guessing its deeper than a driver issue. Im very confused about this. Seems to be some type of hardware conflict.
m
l
January 15, 2011 6:15:52 AM

I went from sp2 to sp3
m
l
January 17, 2011 1:26:23 AM

I found pci in system32/drivers. Under properties is says:
Created: saturday aug14,2001
Modified: apr14,2008
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512

I also disabled it and when i restarted i went to check on it and it had yellow! again.

Quote:
Go to your system32/drivers folder right click on Pci.sys then properties. Check the date on it. Check if its says 2004

m
l
January 17, 2011 1:48:56 PM

I done as you said. Just finished the scannow.

Quote:
Do you have your windows installation disk with you?

Put it in the tray then

Go to start run then enter the following

Sfc /purgecache

When its done enter

Sfc /scannow

m
l
January 18, 2011 4:29:20 PM

No problem. I actually searched google and found a post sp3 audio driver that solved that. But upon the driver install restart my display adapter had a yellow!. I then reinstalled my graphic drivers. All good for those two issues, but then the game I play on my pc, Nascar Racing 2003 will not start. The update to sp3 has been a nightmare. Maybe I should reinstall my pc or roll it back to sp2, if thats possible. Is it or do you not recommend it? I really appreciate everything very much!

Quote:
my apologies if I'm responding late.

Lets go on.

Now go into your uninstaller. Look for any sound drivers that's installed and uninstall it: don't reboot yet.

Now go to run again and enter Sfc /purgecache again. When its done reboot into safe mode. Go to device manager. If you can see the bus still in yellow. Properties uninstall then reboot. When windows loads up. Go into device manager and see if its still show yellow.

m
l
January 18, 2011 10:49:05 PM

No. I put it together myself about 7yrs ago.

Quote:
Ok before you do that. First answer this. Do you have a OEM pc?

m
l
January 19, 2011 8:44:10 PM

I uninstalled sp3. Its now back running sp2 and as smooth as before. I know sp3 is recommended for new security patches etc bu to me it was junk for my system. Thanks for all the help..very much!

Quote:
Maybe its a irq that's not correctly assigned. Try this.

1.Click Start , click Run , type sysdm.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK . 2.Click the Hardware tab. 3.Click the Device Manager button. 4.Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers . 5.Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time. 6.Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers. 7.Plug in the removable USB storage device

m
l
January 19, 2011 9:10:11 PM

Lol. Yeh, I went against what Ive always told my wife and others about pc updates..if its not broke dont fix it. I keep auto updates turned off. Ive had this pc since 2003 and only updated to sp2. It has literally run flawlessly never getting a virus. Ive only had to clean a few spyware/malware threats here and there. I installed sp3 and all hell broke loose!!

Quote:
lol google this

Microsofts not so secret plan to kill xp.

Anyways I haven't installed a windows update since 2008. They release a update then they have to release a fix for that update. My pc spends more time connecting to Microsoft than anything else. Yes I still run xp even if my specs are way over windows 7 requirements. I got a dual boot with vista which I striped down myself. I'm waiting for the app that stripe down 7 to have a few glitches removed then ill stripe it down as well to get rid of all the bloated stuff. But that Im not in a rush. Windows 7 is still a beta Os

m
l
January 19, 2011 9:17:42 PM

Only thing I have noticed still happening even after the sp3 uninstall is after my desktop loads my monitor will blink off for about 1 second and come back on. When it does this I notice a really fast white flash in the bottom right corner where the time is in tje task bar. All monitor and display adapter drivers are working and up to date. What could cause this?

Quote:
lol google this

Microsofts not so secret plan to kill xp.

Anyways I haven't installed a windows update since 2008. They release a update then they have to release a fix for that update. My pc spends more time connecting to Microsoft than anything else. Yes I still run xp even if my specs are way over windows 7 requirements. I got a dual boot with vista which I striped down myself. I'm waiting for the app that stripe down 7 to have a few glitches removed then ill stripe it down as well to get rid of all the bloated stuff. But that Im not in a rush. Windows 7 is still a beta Os

m
l
!