How can you get the maps from the UT2004 cache?

How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a program but
it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good program?
8 answers Last reply
More about maps ut2004 cache
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Schism enlightened us with:
    > How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a
    > program but it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good
    > program?

    You don't need a special program. Open the cache.ini file, or whatever
    it's called - it contains the names of the files in the cache, and how
    they *should* be called. Rename them and put them in the right
    directory.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    gimme 2 days and i'll redo the ut2003 one i did last year for ut2004...
    it'll be in C# so you will need the dotnet framework..

    "Schism" <blah@NO_SP*A-Maforce.net> wrote in message
    > How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a program
    but
    > it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good program?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Schism" <blah@NO_SP*A-Maforce.net> wrote in

    > How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a
    > program but it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good
    > program?

    http://GMS.CyberRock.net, Ut cache Extractor, works like a charm :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Paul C." <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote in

    > "Schism" <blah@NO_SP*A-Maforce.net> wrote in
    >
    >> How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a
    >> program but it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good
    >> program?
    >>

    > http://GMS.CyberRock.net, Ut cache Extractor, works like a charm :)

    http://gms.cyberrock.net/downloads/download_utcacheextractor.php
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Suddenly, MeltDown sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > You don't need a special program. Open the cache.ini file, or whatever
    > it's called - it contains the names of the files in the cache, and how
    > they *should* be called. Rename them and put them in the right
    > directory.

    Why is it done this way instead of just naming them what they should be?
    Any theories?

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence enlightened us with:
    > Why is it done this way instead of just naming them what they should
    > be? Any theories?

    Every Unreal file is a package that can contain various things - sounds,
    maps, models, code, etc. When such a package is created, it gets a
    unique ID number. The files in your cache have this number as their
    name. Packages which had the same original filename (say, sounds.uax)
    but belong to different mods can co-exist in your cache without one
    overwriting the other.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    if anyone is interested I've written a multi cache cleaner app that does all
    ut1 / ut2003 and ut2004 cache directories in a single app. I've also added
    info into the proggy to display any cd-keys / version numbers and locations
    of install for all versions of ut as well..

    get it off the clan webby: http://www.old-clan.co.uk/

    on the main page click 'multi cache cleaner' on the quick links section..

    "Schism" <blah@NO_SP*A-Maforce.net> wrote in message
    > How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a program
    but
    > it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good program?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Syanide wrote:
    > if anyone is interested I've written a multi cache cleaner app that
    > does all ut1 / ut2003 and ut2004 cache directories in a single app.
    > I've also added info into the proggy to display any cd-keys /
    > version numbers and locations of install for all versions of ut as
    > well..
    >
    > get it off the clan webby: http://www.old-clan.co.uk/
    >
    > on the main page click 'multi cache cleaner' on the quick links
    > section..
    >

    > "Schism" <blah@NO_SP*A-Maforce.net> wrote in message
    >> How can I get the maps I download from the UT2004 cache? I had a
    >> program but it doesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know of a good
    >> program?

    another one that worx with all versions too: unrealxt2004 it also handles
    demos, different user profiles etc.
    hth

Download Cache Games Video Games