Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Internet Not Accessible -- Weird Tweak?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 15, 2005 5:11:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hi --

I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to Services
and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go online.
I have to do this everytime I boot up.
Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 5:22:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

In news:68lji1hqvvvt6jpge7k54cat38v0gmts3n@4ax.com,
<*(((><{ <*(((> typed:

> I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
> getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to
> Services
> and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go
> online.
> I have to do this everytime I boot up.
> Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?


The True Vector service is ZoneAlarm. I don't have a solution for
you, but if nobody can help you here, try
http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

--
Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 3:11:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

As Ken said. Also, it helps to set the True Vector service startup to
"Automatic" (default).

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
news:68lji1hqvvvt6jpge7k54cat38v0gmts3n@4ax.com...
> Hi --
>
> I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
> getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to Services
> and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go online.
> I have to do this everytime I boot up.
> Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
September 17, 2005 8:06:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hi Guys,
I did have the service set to Automatic. But it wasn't starting
up.

I uninstalled ZA completely, and now I can go online. I was
using an old version 2 of Zone Alarm. I think it works as well as the
newer versions, and it considerably lighter. I'll reinstall it later
and try again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:11:37 +0530,
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote:

>As Ken said. Also, it helps to set the True Vector service startup to
>"Automatic" (default).
>
>--
>Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>Windows XP Shell/User
>http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
>
>"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
>news:68lji1hqvvvt6jpge7k54cat38v0gmts3n@4ax.com...
>> Hi --
>>
>> I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
>> getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to Services
>> and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go online.
>> I have to do this everytime I boot up.
>> Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?
>>
>> <*((((><{
>> Fishy@Ocean.Net
!