Internet Not Accessible -- Weird Tweak?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi --

I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to Services
and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go online.
I have to do this everytime I boot up.
Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In news:68lji1hqvvvt6jpge7k54cat38v0gmts3n@4ax.com,
<*(((><{ <*(((> typed:

> I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
> getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to
> Services
> and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go
> online.
> I have to do this everytime I boot up.
> Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?

The True Vector service is ZoneAlarm. I don't have a solution for
you, but if nobody can help you here, try
http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

Please reply to the newsgroup

As Ken said. Also, it helps to set the True Vector service startup to
"Automatic" (default).

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> Hi --
>
> I have XP Home SP 1. Just this past week, I've had trouble
> getting online. No internet, no email, no ftp. If I go to Services
> and manually start the TRUE VECTOR service, then I can go online.
> I have to do this everytime I boot up.
> Isn't there a way to make TRUE VECTOR stay on?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi Guys,
I did have the service set to Automatic. But it wasn't starting
up.

I uninstalled ZA completely, and now I can go online. I was
using an old version 2 of Zone Alarm. I think it works as well as the
newer versions, and it considerably lighter. I'll reinstall it later
and try again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net