Solved

Will my RAM work with this motherboard?

Hello! I have a simple question to ask here.

Will this motherboard ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514 ) work with this RAM ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148418 )

I just learned about "memory standard," and was wondering if these two components would run with each other in that aspect.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will work motherboard
  1. on a quick scan of the memory supported on the gigabyte website I did not see that memory specified, however, I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't work on that board. Not all memory is tested and posted. But over the years I have barely ever used memory specified in those charts and NEVER had one problem using a brand I chose over what was listed.

site says:
    4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory

if the board manufacturer says 1.8 volt memory and you had 1.5....... that could cause a problem and has for a friend of mine. You should have no problems.
  2. swifty_morgan said:
    on a quick scan of the memory supported on the gigabyte website I did not see that memory specified, however, I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't work on that board. Not all memory is tested and posted. But over the years I have barely ever used memory specified in those charts and NEVER had one problem using a brand I chose over what was listed.

site says:
    4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory

if the board manufacturer says 1.8 volt memory and you had 1.5....... that could cause a problem and has for a friend of mine. You should have no problems.

Hmm. And there aren't any issues with the memory standard thing?
  3. Best answer
    I, personally, have never run across one. Not going to say it may never happen but I'm sure YOUR ram will be fine on THAT motherboard.
  4. Best answer selected by iii_stutter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Motherboards Product