Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will my RAM work with this motherboard?

Last response: in Memory
September 14, 2011 8:05:15 AM

Hello! I have a simple question to ask here.

Will this motherboard ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) work with this RAM ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... )

I just learned about "memory standard," and was wondering if these two components would run with each other in that aspect.

More about : ram work motherboard

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2011 8:16:39 AM

on a quick scan of the memory supported on the gigabyte website I did not see that memory specified, however, I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't work on that board. Not all memory is tested and posted. But over the years I have barely ever used memory specified in those charts and NEVER had one problem using a brand I chose over what was listed.

site says:
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory

if the board manufacturer says 1.8 volt memory and you had 1.5....... that could cause a problem and has for a friend of mine. You should have no problems.
m
l
September 14, 2011 8:18:37 AM

swifty_morgan said:
on a quick scan of the memory supported on the gigabyte website I did not see that memory specified, however, I see absolutely no reason it wouldn't work on that board. Not all memory is tested and posted. But over the years I have barely ever used memory specified in those charts and NEVER had one problem using a brand I chose over what was listed.

site says:
4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory

if the board manufacturer says 1.8 volt memory and you had 1.5....... that could cause a problem and has for a friend of mine. You should have no problems.

Hmm. And there aren't any issues with the memory standard thing?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2011 8:30:13 AM

I, personally, have never run across one. Not going to say it may never happen but I'm sure YOUR ram will be fine on THAT motherboard.
September 14, 2011 4:39:24 PM

Best answer selected by iii_stutter.
m
l
!