Sign in with
Your question
Closed

HD 5770 CF

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2010 7:15:08 AM

Does any one have any benchmark tests that show how well HD 5770 performs in CF? I've been looking for some, but no charts I've seen show this card in CF, only single setup.

I'm looking to build a comp soon, and I don't want to spend a ton on a GPU, but want to leave CF open for an upgrade path. Any thoughts on CFing the 5770?

More about : 5770

September 2, 2010 7:23:41 AM

MrMooky said:
Does any one have any benchmark tests that show how well HD 5770 performs in CF? I've been looking for some, but no charts I've seen show this card in CF, only single setup.

I'm looking to build a comp soon, and I don't want to spend a ton on a GPU, but want to leave CF open for an upgrade path. Any thoughts on CFing the 5770?

According to THIS chart two 5770's in crossfire is better than a Radeon 5870.(reference)

In light of this information I recommend dual 5770's if your motherboard can support atleast 8/8 PCI-E 16x in Xfire and if you power supply can support the 650~750w's of power that dual 5770's require.
Score
September 2, 2010 7:38:30 AM

I'd get a 5850 and get another in the distant future when you need it.

What resolution do you play at? A 5850 is probably enough for your needs.
Score
Related resources
September 2, 2010 12:04:23 PM

CF HD5770s are nice, but you will get more benefit from a single powerful card, cause you can add another one later if the price is cheaper...
Score
September 2, 2010 6:17:21 PM

Will the 5850's price drop once the 6000 series comes out this fall?
Score
September 2, 2010 9:54:30 PM

MrMooky said:
Will the 5850's price drop once the 6000 series comes out this fall?

The 6xxx series may just be priced slightly higher than the 5xxx's, did you ever think of that?
Score
September 2, 2010 10:40:39 PM

Mousemonkey said:
The 6xxx series may just be priced slightly higher than the 5xxx's, did you ever think of that?

Yes, I thought of that. However, that wasn't my question, was it?
Score
September 2, 2010 10:43:26 PM

MrMooky said:
Yes, I thought of that. However, that wasn't my question, was it?

I never said it was but your's has been asked so many times before I thought I'd approach things from the view that no one else wants to see.
Score
September 2, 2010 10:52:05 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I never said it was but your's has been asked so many times before I thought I'd approach things from the view that no one else wants to see.

I'm new to the site, and as far as I've seen there is no search function. If I missed it, I apologize. I haven't seen any threads myself on the issue, and I felt it might be a little too tedious to search through every page for one. So that being the case, I'd expect the rude response from any random person, not so much from a mod. Thanks for the warm welcome to the site forums. I'll reserve any further questions until I'm positive they've never been asked before.
Score
September 2, 2010 10:56:23 PM

MrMooky said:
I'm new to the site, and as far as I've seen there is no search function. If I missed it, I apologize. I haven't seen any threads myself on the issue, and I felt it might be a little too tedious to search through every page for one. So that being the case, I'd expect the rude response from any random person, not so much from a mod. Thanks for the warm welcome to the site forums. I'll reserve any further questions until I'm positive they've never been asked before.

Just because you can't be bothered to look doesn't mean the question has not been asked.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:00:37 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Just because you can't be bothered to look doesn't mean the question has not been asked.

Please re-read my previous post. I said I did look, just not through every page of the forums. I didn't see it, so I asked. My bad I guess.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:04:32 PM

MrMooky said:
Please re-read my previous post. I said I did look, just not through every page of the forums. I didn't see it, so I asked. My bad I guess.

It's a question that has been asked every time the next series of anything is about to be released and the answer will always be the same, until the product is released no one really knows and thus one can only speculate.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:08:11 PM

Mousemonkey said:
It's a question that has been asked every time the next series of anything is about to be released and the answer will always be the same, until the product is released no one really knows and thus one can only speculate.

There ya go Champ! I knew you had it in you! See, that's more of the answer I was looking for. I'm new to all of this, so I really had no idea how it worked. It was a bumpy road, but we got there Mousemonkey....we got there.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:09:41 PM

Welcome to the forums.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:11:04 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Welcome to the forums.

I can't help but feel that we've really bonded here Mouse. :hello: 
Score
September 2, 2010 11:36:11 PM

lawl. Yea but the 5850 is a good way to go. You can OC pretty much any 5850 reference or 5850 that can increase voltage past the performance 5870. I know this because after my clocks reached 1000/1205 my 3DMark Vantage score was 18125, which is 1000-ish points more than the 5870. So =P Yeahh. Plus gives you room to Crossfire later.
Score
September 2, 2010 11:48:58 PM

Hey dude,

Welcome!

And general consensus is that 1 5850 is better than 2 5770 (I have done some research, and this seems to be the overall consensus, money not being an issue, and gives you an upgrade path down the track)

Take care!
Score
September 24, 2010 2:30:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!