RAID 5 showing as single Disks

jwhitt

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011
I have a Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2H that im using as a media center system.
It is configured with one SSD as a boot drive and 3 Hitachi 3TB Drives in a RAID 5 array.
BIOS is configured as follows:
SATA Configuration - RAID
Ports 4 & 5 configured as IDE
MOBO has Onboard SATA 0 - 4 (Has a esata port that im guessing is SATA 0_5 (IE 6)SSD and DVD are plugged into SATA-0_3&4
In the raid configuration the system sees the Raid 5 array and it is listed as functional, as well as it sees the SSD as a single drive (kinda odd here i thought)
Installed Win7 Ultimate x64 using the raid driver dl'd from Gigabytes site (Used RAID, not AHCI)
When installing i just had the ssd plugged into the system
After installing os and updating drivers, patches, etc. I powered off the system and connected the RAID drives.
Adjusted the bios to boot the ssd first, (FYI Bios seds the LD)
Once windows is booted however under storage management i see three seperate 3tb drives instead of the RAID array.
Also when i try to run the amd RAID eXpert utility i get a page not found error and cannot seem to access the utility.

Im scratching my head here i wanted to stick with a win 7 based XBMC system, however I can't seem to get the raid to work, nor does win 7 support a sw raid 5 solution. I could use Server 08R2 ( have a tech net subscription) however i don't really want to use a Win Server OS for this, Nor do i really want to use a *nix solution as the hardware platform is new and im not sure about the driver support from AMD in regards to graphics.