Condition of your keyboard

fox

Do any of you get so aggressive that
you break the keys on your keyboard?

For several years I was regularly moving
keys all over to get rid of the broken ones
from my playing area.

Seem to have settled down now, just have
one now on the way to splitting off.

I really think its because I have so little
dexterity in my fingers left of the index
finger. To compensate I lift my whole wrist/arm
to get quicker movement.

I can really get some cardiovascular exercise out of
a good game. Friends laugh and don't believe me
but they should try it.

The young kids I talk to don't like UT. But when I
ask them why, they say they cannot live long enough
and just keep dieing. I guess ONS is helping this syndrome
since I have turned my kids friends on to it and after
bad mouthing it for a half hour or so, they start saying
"wow that was the coolest thing I ever saw" and other
confirming exclamations. ONS rocks, but I do love CTF.

Fox

"Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote in message
> Do any of you get so aggressive that
> you break the keys on your keyboard?

never have, but then again, I only have high quality keyboards ;op The
keyboard on my main gaming machine is over 11 years old now

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> Blessed us with

> "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote in message
>> Do any of you get so aggressive that
>> you break the keys on your keyboard?
>>

> never have, but then again, I only have high quality keyboards
> ;op The keyboard on my main gaming machine is over 11 years
> old now

I keep mine wrapped in clear plastic wrap and it works wonders
on keeping dust and debris out of it!. Plastic wrap is a lot
cheaper than those prefab keyboard covers too IMO.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

> "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
>

> > I keep mine wrapped in clear plastic wrap and it works wonders
> > on keeping dust and debris out of it!. Plastic wrap is a lot
> > cheaper than those prefab keyboard covers too IMO.
> >
> > --
>
> You could market it as the "Keyboard Kondom."
>
> ~SOD~

Everyone should practice safe surfing.

Margolis wrote:
> "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote in message
>> Do any of you get so aggressive that
>> you break the keys on your keyboard?
>>

> never have, but then again, I only have high quality keyboards ;op
> The keyboard on my main gaming machine is over 11 years old now

uhm 11 years for a gaming keyboard? i need a new one every year, cause of
too hard typing and cause of feeding my keyboard with fresh german beer
while making too nervous moves and spilling my beer. also after a year when
i open the keyboad it looks like an ashtrey...

(i can buy a new one for 2,50 Euro) in earlier times i showered it and dryed
it afterwards.

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> Blessed us with

> "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
>
>> I keep mine wrapped in clear plastic wrap and it works wonders
>> on keeping dust and debris out of it!. Plastic wrap is a lot
>> cheaper than those prefab keyboard covers too IMO.
>>
>> --
>
> Two questions:
> (A) What kind of sites are you visiting, and

Any sites that have *free* software or info of interest!

> (B) What kind of debris are you trying to keep out of the keyboard?

Well... I like my coffee and I once spilled it on my keyboard but
thanks to the plastic wrap I still have a keyboard! :) I also
burn wood in the winter time to stay warm and it gets incredibly
dusty with all the ashes that get stirred up sometimes!. I also
have to clean my tower out at least 3 times a year due to the wood
dust and ash dust but that's no prob with an air compressor.

> Hmmmm?

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> Blessed us with

> "JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
>

>> I keep mine wrapped in clear plastic wrap and it works wonders
>> on keeping dust and debris out of it!. Plastic wrap is a lot
>> cheaper than those prefab keyboard covers too IMO.
>>
>> --
>
> You could market it as the "Keyboard Kondom."

Now this is funny! LOL I hadn't thought about it that way and now
I'm starting to wonder what kind of sites you've been visiting?
eh? I hadn't thought about marketing it, I only try to be helpful
and give some free advice to anyone that wants it. I'm sure I'm
not the only one that has used plastic wrap on their keyboard, at
least I don't think I am. It just seemed common sensical to me and
I had the plastic wrap readily available as opposed to a prefab
keyboard cover. I have to put some spacers at both ends of the
keyboard when I wrap it and pull the spacers out when I'm done
wrapping it so that it doesn't cause keys to stick down. Gotta
loosen it up a bit or the keys at the ends of the keyboard get
stuck down.

"goPostal" <agutgopostal@hotamil.com> Blessed us with

> "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

[Snip]

>> You could market it as the "Keyboard Kondom."
>>
>> ~SOD~
>>

> Everyone should practice safe surfing.

You guys gotta cut this out!, my sides are aching from laughing!.
:) I suppose there is all kinds of protection for the software
in a computer why not a little hardware protection? I've always
heard that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:16:59 +0000, JHall wrote:

> burn wood in the winter time to stay warm and it gets incredibly
> dusty with all the ashes that get stirred up sometimes!. I also
> have to clean my tower out at least 3 times a year due to the wood
> dust and ash dust but that's no prob with an air compressor.

When was the last time you had a chest/lung xray?

Linux Registered User #327951

"Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message

> uhm 11 years for a gaming keyboard? i need a new one every year, cause of
> too hard typing and cause of feeding my keyboard with fresh german beer
> while making too nervous moves and spilling my beer. also after a year
when
> i open the keyboad it looks like an ashtrey...
>
> (i can buy a new one for 2,50 Euro) in earlier times i showered it and
dryed
> it afterwards.

yes, 11 years for a gaming keyboard. That is what quality will get you. I
wish I could still get these keyboards ;o( I have a secondary gaming
computer that has the same keyboard that is 12 years old. The keyboard is
heavier than portable computers are nowadays. They are probably around 4-5
lbs or so

--

"Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote in news:4uwAc.34055$H65.1121
@nwrddc02.gnilink.net: