AMD lock up again!

Hello folks,

Thanks for your replys!

I have ruled out the possibility of overheating - My current CPU core
temperature is now in the region of 34'C - 38'C. Previously it was about
70'C ! I just recently purchase a thermaltake Kandalf super tower case.
A monstrous tower with 5 fans built into the ah heck. My muscles are wasted!

Now the funny thing is that my Windows XP installation went further than
before. It used to stop at the text stage of the windows installation -
"windows is now transferring files to the hard drive".

Now the files are now been transferred to the hard drive but it still
continues to stop at the graphical stage of transferring additional
files. I think it could well be an issue with interference / crosstalk
but I tried every possible arrangement for the cables to be neat to my
best of my ability. Is there any tools or apparatus that prevent crosstalk?

My PC specifications are:

Lan Party UT N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1.
512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2.
EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.
Kandalf Supertower by Thermaltake.

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The symptoms you mention can occur when a processor is overclocked,
overheating, or the memory timing is marginal. Remember heatsink temperature
is much lower than internal processor temperature.
It is possible that a high internal processor temperature caused some
damage.
As far as crosstalk is concerned, nice neat cables running parallel to each
other may increase crosstalk instead of reducing it.
If this were a 32bit AMD processor, such as the XPs, I'd suggest reducing
the FSB setting from say 200 to 166 and see what happens.