Installed new card, now text is messy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

campolar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I just installed a new nvidia GTS 250 (inno3D) and am way to excited

Now, the problem is text, its not very readable. I'm on win 7 (dx 11) and i tried configuring cleartype, but it doesn't help. I've installed the drivers too. Anything extra needed?

Thanks

Solution
Well since the screenshot is fine but it's not to you, chances are it's a monitor issue. Could be you need to "refresh" the monitor (occasionally mine gets fuzzy after a resolution change, but by cycling the inputs back to DVI it resets the monitor). Possibly you need to update your monitor drivers. Could be the VGA or DVI cable. Could be an option in CCC that I'm not thinking of right now (I'd definitely go through them if I were you)

campolar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Well, its unreadable to me. It was more readable when i was using the intel integrated graphics accelerator...

is this anything i can do to tweak my display settings? i tried the nvidia control panel, nothing out of that

Well since the screenshot is fine but it's not to you, chances are it's a monitor issue. Could be you need to "refresh" the monitor (occasionally mine gets fuzzy after a resolution change, but by cycling the inputs back to DVI it resets the monitor). Possibly you need to update your monitor drivers. Could be the VGA or DVI cable. Could be an option in CCC that I'm not thinking of right now (I'd definitely go through them if I were you)

Solution

campolar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I changed the refresh rate from 60Hz to 75Hz and it got way better...

But will i have to go to 75Hz? My monitor is an old viewSonic VA712b, will it be fine with that refresh rate or i risk blowing it up?

campolar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
what if the monitor cannot support it?

Anothing thing i noticed is, on 60Hz, if i press the auto-image adjust button on my monitor, its all centered, but on 75, it doesn't get fixed. Monitor wont support that rate?

NVM, auto adjust works...

Is it fine using this rate on my monitor?

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Type this into your location bar Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

once in there there's a few things that should help you sort out your display issues(such as clear type)

campolar

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010

I did that before posting here

Status
Not open for further replies.