I'm trying to configure a quiet PC on Cyberpower's website. The PC will be used for primarily for running RealFlight G5 flight simulator, some higher end games, web browsing, Word & Excel
* Xion Predator 970 Gaming Series Mid Tower Case w/ 2 External Removable HDD Bays
* CPU: [Special] Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
* 640GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
* HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+28] (Single Hard Drive)
* MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1333MHz Triple Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator [+49])
* MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6X58D Premium Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3 FCLGA1366 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III, SATA-II RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI [+156]
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* cheapest video card available. I'll install my Sapphire 5670 then upgrade to Sapphire to Radeon 5850 vapor - x and eventually crossfire configuration. These are big cards, 10 1/2" in length and cover the slot next to it so the m/b has to have room to accommodate two of these cards.
* 500 Watts - Sigma SP-500AB ESP 80 Plus Power Supply
****** would like a modular bronze/gold rated PSU will upgrade PSU if I install CrossFire****************
* Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium
This PC costs around $1,400.00 w/o video cards. I'd like to keep the price at $1,400 or lower. PC needs to be very quiet I ordered the quiet options for the PC.
My current PC i7-870 8gb ram, Sapphire 5670 1gb isn't powerful enough to run realflight g5 flight simulator without stuttering visual images.
My current PC is a very nice piece for everything except gaming it has a small mid tower case, small m/b not capable of upgrade beyond ati 5770 not crossfire capable, etc. Trust me I've spent a good bit of time on researching upgrading the PC. I can return the PC for a full refund 'til november 7th.