PSU for my new VIDEO CARD HELP!!

markmx6

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Hello,
I have a GT5654 (if google that the first or second will tell you specs). I am putting in a HD5570 and I have to buy a PSU. I need it to push my system and new card well, but I do not want to spend a lot of money. Thank you
Mark

VGKitov

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Yeah it seems to have a lot of power on the 3.3/5V.

Why, it has 32A on the 12V + isn't that enoug for a HD5570 ?

Nevermind, the OP doesn't seem to be intrested anymore.

VGKitov

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

From what I have read the Antec seems to be a great PSU for such a build, especialy since the OP stated he wants a low cost PSU.

I didn't see the Corsair 430CX it should be good if not better.

I too don't know alot about PSU's, but I always check, before recomending something :ange:

BTW OP, note that the Antec doesn't come with a power cord, because it's an EarthWatts.

Sometimes I'm puzzled, can't you just chech AMD's site and see whats's the requirments or use a PSU calculator ?

^^You both seem to be using EarthWatts :)

Its DC-DC conversion, so while the 3.3V rail can provide 66W, and the 5V rail can provide 100W, those two are both created off of the 12V rail which has 28A or 336W, modern systems are pretty light on those two rails so that still leaves most of the 12V capacity available for the rest of the system, and its more than strong enough to handle that system with a 5570. Not sure what you are trying to get at dadiggle.

markmx6

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
Thank you all so much in was helpful and who doesn’t like to see a fight. lol I am posting another problem I am having after I installed in. Everything works fine but I do not understand how to set the pc so it shows 1080p and still be able to open a movie to full screen that I am streaming. It is very confusing but I think you guys will love it because it's going to take some digging. Hope to see you there you guys are great. :hello: