Problems installing ATI Radeon HD 4350

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktucker147

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys,

Just yesterday I went to Best Buy and got a ATI Radeon HD 4350 card. I have a Compaq Presario running Vista 34 bit, and tried to install the the card- but no luck, the monitor doesn't power on when its installed! I went to the Bios and made the PCIE-16 the primary slot. I also uninstalled the intergrated graphic drivers (GForce) in the add/remove programs It seems that the PC doesn't recognise the card. When I take out the new card the PC powers up normally, but soon as I install the card the monitor gets no signal from neither the old or new cards' monitor output. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Solution
Already tried the latest driver?
Or the one inside the CD?

Try your card in different PC, if the same problem appears then you got a bad card, RMA it...

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Are all the power connectors connected(if needed) and is your drivers up to date?

On top of that try a motherboard BIOS update, then list your FULL PC stats including case and power supply so we can try diagnose the problem.

If you tell us what country your from(I assume US) and your price range for any corrective fixes it may also save you and us some time in the future.

ktucker147

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Yea, I had to extract the drivers from the CD because while the monitor would not load while the card was installed, the CD content wouldn't proceed with install for some reason and didn't display any error codes. After that, I downloaded the latest ones from the site- neither of the drivers helped the problem. It my be the hardware that's ruined. Or maybe its my power supply unit; I've just noticed that the recommended minimal power required is 300 watts while my PSU only outputs 250 watts total but that would be strange. Thanks.

ktucker147

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Compaq Presario SR5550f
AMD Athlom 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.80 GHz
3.0 GB DDR2 RAM
2 LightScribe DVD Writter
Two 500 GB Hard Drives (1TB)
One PCI express x16
Two PCI express x1
One PCI slot
250 watts power supply (total)

Any reasonable price to repair.

ktucker147

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

Oh and I'm in the US. And Compaq/HP doesn't apear to have a BIOS update availible. My BIOS version is 5.13 dated 5/2/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.