USB 2.0 to 1.0

How do I roll my USB 2.0 port back to 1.0 so that my 1.0 device will work, as
my computer is not doing it automatically and when I plug in my device it
only shows up in the device manager for a second before windows xp home
edition w/sp2 disables it and says there was a problem with the device? I
know the device is good as it will work on computers with 1.0 usb and the
manufacturer of the device says they have seen this problem before and I need
to manually turn my usb ports to 1.0. I am running an ASUS motherboard with
945P chipset, not sure if that helps.
1 answer Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Go in BIOS and under USB enable "Legacy USB" - that's the USB1.0
    Michael

    "rc_er" <rc_er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I roll my USB 2.0 port back to 1.0 so that my 1.0 device will work,
    > as
    > my computer is not doing it automatically and when I plug in my device it
    > only shows up in the device manager for a second before windows xp home
    > edition w/sp2 disables it and says there was a problem with the device? I
    > know the device is good as it will work on computers with 1.0 usb and the
    > manufacturer of the device says they have seen this problem before and I
    > need
    > to manually turn my usb ports to 1.0. I am running an ASUS motherboard
    > with
    > 945P chipset, not sure if that helps.

Configuration USB Devices Windows XP