USB 2.0 to 1.0

September 16, 2005 8:26:55 PM

How do I roll my USB 2.0 port back to 1.0 so that my 1.0 device will work, as
my computer is not doing it automatically and when I plug in my device it
only shows up in the device manager for a second before windows xp home
edition w/sp2 disables it and says there was a problem with the device? I
know the device is good as it will work on computers with 1.0 usb and the
manufacturer of the device says they have seen this problem before and I need
to manually turn my usb ports to 1.0. I am running an ASUS motherboard with
945P chipset, not sure if that helps.

More about : usb

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 1:16:21 AM

Go in BIOS and under USB enable "Legacy USB" - that's the USB1.0
Michael

!