XFX single slot 5770

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
interestng for the few microATX boards that support crossfire but yea i'd question ability to cool in such a stup, if you have a full atx board unless you were gonna attempt a quadfire setup i'd probly say use regular double cards.. intresting possibilities though opens a few options to a few niche markets gg xfx

sevir

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

Wa1, lets think about your statement here. You are saying a single slot card doesnt have enough room for cooling. A single slot card takes up half the space a doubleslot card takes up. This means MORE room around the card for air flow. If you look at dual cards inside a case with a thermal imager, the most heat stored is right inbetween the cards. With double slot cards this space is very small and heat just stays inbetween the cards. With a single slot, there will be more room inbetween the cards for better heat dissapation. I am not disagreeing with you because single slots do generate more heat, but its not because of space. The reason why the double slots run cooler is because these cards take air and blow it out the back of the case, unlike the single slot card where the heat stays inside the case and relys on case exhaust fans to remove heat.

well, the "room" here is about the heatsink and the fan itself...
It only has a small heatsink and fan, which is not strong enough to make this card "cool" than any regular (dual slot) card...

Sorry, it's hard to explain something in english, since my first language isn't english... :)

TRENDING THREADS