Extremely Slow USB Transfer speeds

Destroya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I'm currently getting an average of 5 Mb/s transfer speeds which is ridiculously slow, this is on both my USB 3.0 and my 2.0. I have a Western Digital WD Green 3TB WD30EZRX harddrive. I'm trying different drivers but it isn't changing anything.

My PC since I assembled it had always been transferring slowly (15-20MB/s) But now It's just gotten slower.

Any ideas as to what the problem maybe?

Thanks.

Hello... did ya try a different USB connector? Sometimes USB channels are shared/wired together with another connector, like a keyboard/mouse might be on the same Data path. If your using a front case connector, try plugging them into another USB motherboard header.

Destroya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

Yeah I've tried that :(.

Hello... what brand external case are you using for your hardrive?... did you try another USB cable? What Operating SYstem are you using? What file formats are you using between Harddrive transfers, or are you Downloading from the internet? ANTI virus settings or Use?

Destroya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I'm using a cool master HAF-X case, My OS is Windows 7 64bit, I'm transferring MP3, AVI, MP4 and my anti virus is Microsoft security essentials and I stop all scans and updates when I do file transferring/copying. If it helps my processor is an i5-2500k @ 3.30GHZ and I have 8GB RAM.

Destroya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I'm putting movies and music onto my USB so I can play movies on my TV. However this is irrelevant because the slow speeds happen with anything to do with my USB ports which is why I thought it was some drivers.

Destroya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

Yes I've tried the flash drive on my laptops' USB 2.0, It transfered faster than my tower. So it's to do with my tower not my flash drive. Anyway, anything I plug into the USB slots transfers slowly.