HD 5670 for Vostro 220 Minitower?

kichithewolf

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hey, I have a Vostro 220 Minitower and I need to get a new graphics card because currently it can't even play Civ 4 properly (At least according to Can You Run It), much less Fallout 3. My question is, will the card I want to get fit and work in my computer without any additional hassle? I just want to know if it's a pop in and go kind of thing.

Thanks!

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
If it is truly a mATX the max power supply you can get is about a 550w for 109.99, That would suck. If it isn't you can pick up some nice power supplys for around $60~75 (500~550w, Modular)

In this case I'd recommend buying a ATX case w/ PSU or buying a ATX case + PSU and then upgrading your card. Ill get some prices soon.

Timop

Distinguished

A mATX case fits standard ATX PSUs just fine. But why would he want a new PSU anyways? a HD5670 sips power.

Timop

Distinguished

Why, he'll be wasting $70.

Besides, the ATNG Rosewill isnt the best PSU, get this rather: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371033&cm_re=Antec_eartwatts-_-17-371-033-_-Product

Case wise, the PS05 would be a better case also: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163168&Tpk=PS05

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
That antec is nice, however it's lesser wattage for the same price and the quality difference is dramatic.

While aesthetically the silverstone is better than the Rosewill and probably even better quality, the rosewill offer's better cooling(2x 120mm fans vs 1)

Timop

Distinguished

If the quality difference is dramatic, then why not the Antec? And if yore saying the ATNG-made Rosewill is higher quality than the CWT-Antec, then yore very misinformed.

On the Silverstone, It has a bottom mounted PSU which I would prefer for airflow.The fans, especially the ones they include with the Rosewill case are about $5 max.

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I did not, But I said the price/benefit was not sufficient to change. Timop, in future read my full message

Anyways, If you got the silverstone case, added another 1x 120mm fan and maybe a 80mm it would be a great case!

I still don't really change my mind on the PSU's however as the ones I selected are still relatively decent.