Four ASUS mobos, answer needed ASAP

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Two weeks ago, my P8P67 Pro went to service because of PCI-E ports trouble...

Today, Asus tech support: "Your P8P67 Pro board is beyond repair, want your money back, a new board or a different board of choice, just pay/get back the difference?" Me: "Ummm... hell yeah, gimme a Z68 board!" :D

So, what should I take... P8Z68-V, P8Z68-V Pro, or just the same P8P67? The P8Z68-V Pro will require $70 difference to be paid and P8Z68-V will require $55 and I REALLY doubt it's worth it. I have the money, but I'm greedy :ange: On the other hand, I'd love to switch to the newer chipset and have Intel's IGP enabled just in case. What's the difference between P8Z68-V and the Pro version? What do these boards have that P8P67 Pro doesn't?

Asus's "Compare" tool is AGAIN messed up... I hate their website! Any suggestions? I'm going through the thing manually right now, but I'd like some input, too. Never turn down advice... :non: (Disregard the P8Z68-V LE on the picture, I dismissed it... )

15hehcj.jpg

Basically, I need the board that will be identical or better than P8P67 Pro in terms of features (need Bluetooth, USB 3.0 AND the front connector for it, SATA 6 Gb/s, SLI support, etc.). OR a solid explanation why I won't gain anything new from Z68 besides the IGP (I will use an SSD in the future, so maybe Z68's caching thing will help?) I don't mind paying for better stuff, but I want to make sure it's worth it.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I would imagine the hyper 212+ would fit. If you are familiar with the i7 HSF, its huge! for a stock cooler. Also, i would either get the p67, or the p68v-Pro. Honestly its up to you, but the igp is very nice, and the newer chipset will keep you up to date longer. im not a huge intel junkie, but i think the v-pro will serve your "greedy" needs in the pc world better than your wallet. :)