Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is relation of 1333mhz ddr3 with 800 mhz processor

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 15, 2011 11:17:59 AM

Hello,
i have intel pentium dual core e5400 @2.7 Ghz processor(800 mhz front bus speed) and asus p5g41t-m lx mobo(which has front fsb speed=800,1066,1333 mhz and ram bus speed=800,1066 and 1333 mhz O.C),i bought kingston ddr3 1333 mhz ra yesterday i checked its bus speed in cpu-z it has 667 mhz max fsb
what is it?i want 1333 mhz bus speed of ram..im totally new to O.cing sh*t plz help me
now
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2011 12:21:39 PM

gujjar_gorsi said:
Hello,
i have intel pentium dual core e5400 @2.7 Ghz processor(800 mhz front bus speed) and asus p5g41t-m lx mobo(which has front fsb speed=800,1066,1333 mhz and ram bus speed=800,1066 and 1333 mhz O.C),i bought kingston ddr3 1333 mhz ra yesterday i checked its bus speed in cpu-z it has 667 mhz max fsb
what is it?i want 1333 mhz bus speed of ram..im totally new to O.cing sh*t plz help me
now


your RAM is running at 1333mhz. 667 MHz x 2 = around 1334 MHz thats the DDR3's real clock okay ?
m
0
l
Related resources
September 15, 2011 4:20:15 PM

spp85 said:
your RAM is running at 1333mhz. 667 MHz x 2 = around 1334 MHz thats the DDR3's real clock okay ?

so you mean that its running at max fsb speed????
i didn't even overclock it.cuz mobo says it supports 1333 mhz when its overclocked :o 
m
0
l

Best solution

September 16, 2011 8:16:10 AM

Overclocking is extremely serious matter, please do not think im knocking you or mocking you but the knowledge you seek for your first question tells me that overclocking is not for you yet. Its not something you just do from instructions you find or someone has given you. Please take at least a month to research all the factors risks, and consequences. Tom's hardware has tons of good reads on overclocking and prob for the pieces you have. Its really fun stuff and gets you great performance but it wont matter if you fry something :) . Besides your first overclock would start at your cpu then move to your ram.
Share
September 16, 2011 10:11:47 AM

wondafunk said:
Overclocking is extremely serious matter, please do not think im knocking you or mocking you but the knowledge you seek for your first question tells me that overclocking is not for you yet. Its not something you just do from instructions you find or someone has given you. Please take at least a month to research all the factors risks, and consequences. Tom's hardware has tons of good reads on overclocking and prob for the pieces you have. Its really fun stuff and gets you great performance but it wont matter if you fry something :) . Besides your first overclock would start at your cpu then move to your ram.


Thank you for your help :D 
i agree with you
m
0
l
September 26, 2011 9:05:42 AM

Best answer selected by gujjar_gorsi.
m
0
l
!