Sign in with
Your question

Sandy Bridge in india ?

Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2011 6:55:27 AM

Can anyone tell, when this intel's new chip "sandy bridge" n its motherboards will be
available in indian market ?

More about : sandy bridge india

a b à CPUs
January 15, 2011 10:14:58 AM

There are many on the market all over the world right now. However, Intel officially will release them fully by Q3 2011. In the US, UK, and China we are finding them through most channels now, but the selection is limited. But I think worldwide the official timeframe from Intel says Q3.
m
l
January 15, 2011 3:03:13 PM

Hey dude i m also from india and I will get the sandy bridge core i7 2600 on 18 jan tuesday tell me where you live then i give you the option to choose the place.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2011 4:29:52 AM

hotboyz012345 said:
Hey dude i m also from india and I will get the sandy bridge core i7 2600 on 18 jan tuesday tell me where you live then i give you the option to choose the place.

can you let me know if there are any in bangalore?
I am looking out for 2600K.

More importantly will the warranty hold good if it is purchased in a different country? or imported from elsewhere? I was told they wont accept it if it was not purchased in India, so i need to send back to where it was originally shipped from. Or am i Wrong?

Since it is not released officially in india, if i do purchase in india it will be the imported version :) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 21, 2011 4:38:02 AM

Intel says it will fully hit the worldwide market by Q 3 2011. Just wait a little bit if you can, the price will come down anyways. And it is true that when you buy parts out of country, you will have warranty hassles. When I lived in the US, buying things from Canada or something was OK, but since I live in China now, they will only service the things I bought here. Like Western Digital. I got a 500GB external USB drive, and it died a few months after I moved to China. They said I need to mail it back to USA to be serviced, even though the service center and main factory is only 100km away from me in China. Regional limitations are a way for the manufactures to control the prices world wide. That is why stuff like this costs more in India and China. They don't want us to make money off it and sell it to the US.

Same reason DVD players have different regional codes. In China a DVD is only $3, in the US it is $20 dollars. Since the USA players won't play the $3 Chinese DVDs, they can save market share for richer markets. So if you do buy part from outside India, be prepared to send it back outside of India for service! :pt1cable: 
m
l
January 26, 2011 5:38:30 PM

They are available in Chennai..you can see the webpage, deltapage.com
m
l
February 18, 2011 7:09:49 AM

Hey anybody knows when "cougar point" fixed sandy bridge will be availble in India. btw i live in chandigarh, but dealers here are willing to order them from within india i.e. mumbai, delhi etc.
I've my eyes on core i5 2400 and any cheap MoBo with corsair 2GB X 2.
This CPU was on ebay india about a month ago about Rs.9000 + but i can't find it now after "cougar point" happened. :-(
Edit:- BTW i have GTX 460 1GB(Palit Sonic) on CoolerMaster 600W but it might be getting bottlenecked with my C2DE7500 and cheap old ddr2 Ram
m
l
!