where are all the ut2k3 servers???

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2004 2:34:20 AM

hi all:

wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and there
are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....

jay cee

More about : ut2k3 servers

June 22, 2004 2:34:21 AM

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

> "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> > hi all:
> >
> > wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and
> there
> > are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....
> >
> > jay cee
> >

> Odds are, they're UT2004 servers now.
>
> ~SOD~

The master server is down.
It's been screwed up for two weeks now.

--

HornDog
www.horndogshouse.com

HornDog wrote:

> "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
>> > hi all:
>> >
>> > wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and
>> there
>> > are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....
>> >
>> > jay cee
>> >

>> Odds are, they're UT2004 servers now.
>>
>> ~SOD~
>>

> The master server is down.
> It's been screwed up for two weeks now.

What I've noticed is that the game doesn't seem to try its backup master server
on its own at all which can be done by opening your UT2003.ini then go down to
the section labelled "[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]" and you then swap the
"MasterServer" entries so "ut2003master1.epicgames.com" is second, and
"ut2003master2.epicgames.com" is first (or I guess just changing
CurrentMasterServer from "0" to "1" would also work). When the master server
appeared to be down, only the primary one was actually down while the backup
server was online and fully working.
!