where are all the ut2k3 servers???

hi all:

wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and there
are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....

jay cee
2 answers Last reply
More about where ut2k3 servers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

    > "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    > > hi all:
    > >
    > > wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and
    > there
    > > are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....
    > >
    > > jay cee
    > >

    > Odds are, they're UT2004 servers now.
    >
    > ~SOD~

    The master server is down.
    It's been screwed up for two weeks now.

    --

    HornDog
    www.horndogshouse.com

    HornDog wrote:

    > "SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jay Cee" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
    >> > hi all:
    >> >
    >> > wonderin what happened to all the servers? i was on there tonight and
    >> there
    >> > are only 5- 6 team DM servers when there used to be 10x more....
    >> >
    >> > jay cee
    >> >

    >> Odds are, they're UT2004 servers now.
    >>
    >> ~SOD~
    >>

    > The master server is down.
    > It's been screwed up for two weeks now.

    What I've noticed is that the game doesn't seem to try its backup master server
    on its own at all which can be done by opening your UT2003.ini then go down to
    the section labelled "[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]" and you then swap the
    "MasterServer" entries so "ut2003master1.epicgames.com" is second, and
    "ut2003master2.epicgames.com" is first (or I guess just changing
    CurrentMasterServer from "0" to "1" would also work). When the master server
    appeared to be down, only the primary one was actually down while the backup
    server was online and fully working.

Games Servers Video Games