Trying to burn Mac os x .ISO onto a dvd-r DL 8.5 gig disc FROM windows

Tags:
  • ISO
  • DVD Writers
  • Mac Os
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 29, 2013 9:49:19 PM

So i have a .ISO that i want to put on this dvd-r DL 8.5gb disc, but i need to do it from my windows PC. Wondering if i can just do the CMD's to transfer media from a mounted .ISO to the disc as bootable, and it work when i put it in the mac laptop i have. Just reformating the laptop, but i've never messed with macs in my entire life...so idk if it will read it or not. please help! thanks!

More about : burn mac iso dvd gig disc windows

January 29, 2013 10:20:52 PM

If you don't have a osx disc, I think it's advised to make a bootable usb with osx on it. This works very well (on a mac, but you should be able to do the same on win7 somehow).
m
l
January 30, 2013 1:37:33 PM

well my friend somehow saved his osx files on his computer and he uses them for reformats, but its like 7.5 gigs and all i have for flash drives are 4gb. that's why i bought the dual layer disc with 8.5 gigs, but i think im just going to give it a go through windows and try it on the laptop
m
l

Best solution

a b Á Mac OS
a c 102 G Storage
January 30, 2013 2:54:30 PM

If you have a good OS X ISO, all you have to do is burn the ISO to the DVD and you'll be good to go. Just like burning any other ISO.
January 30, 2013 5:48:47 PM

thanks, wanted to make sure before i messed something up. does 7.5gb sound right for 10.5 mac os x? i was surprised to see that its double my windows 7 ultimate os.
m
l
January 30, 2013 5:49:19 PM

Best answer selected by yokazuma0.
m
l
a b Á Mac OS
a c 102 G Storage
January 30, 2013 5:53:02 PM

Yes, you need a DVD-DL to accommodate OS X. The full install is huge.
m
l
!