Best graphics card for final fantasy 14

Hello,
Is the ATI 5970 card really worth the money over the 5870? Thinking of buying a new video card for FFXIV Online over my ATI 4800.
7 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card final fantasy
  1. I just bought a 5850 for it, and using it along with athlon 635 @ 2.9ghz. Its fine under 1920x1080, but you wont be able to max out the settings. I know my cpu is bottlenecking, but it seems to me 5970 is needed if you wish to max it out.

I also heard that this game favors ati over nvidia. I will try later with my geforce card to see how big a difference there is.
  2. If you would not mind could you please post the rest of your computer specs, it might not be as simple as a gpu upgrade for you. Thanks!
  3. Hello and welcome to the forums
    Like mbk 58 said,we need to know your other system specs too and the resolution that you play at.
  4. Specs:
    Play at 1920x1200
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    8GB RAM
    700W PSU
  5. I can't say I know much about Intel chips, but here's a link to a spreadsheet of benchmarks and the cpu + gpu specs. Look for something similar and base it around that.

Preliminary guess is, 5870 with an upgraded CPU would probably serve you better than a 5970 and using the same CPU. Lets see what other have to say though. (Ones more experienced with intel)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AimI6xhXN4XXdF9xQWRTTWlSWFZmWkRSTHFkR05zNEE&hl=en#gid=0
  6. Yeah, until nvidia releases a drivers with some optimizing, the ATI cards generally run better on FFXIV. Hell with everything maxed on my 470, Im only getting 50-65 fps @ 1680x1050
  7. A 5870 can handle that FF14 fine on your resolution, however if you want to play with maximum eye-candies(like AA,AF),then 5970 is a better choice
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Final Fantasy Graphics Cards ATI Graphics