What is the best RAMs Brand

abido

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Hello :=)
lately there has been zillion brand for different hardwares ^_^

but one or two brands kill all others and have this elegance and glamor :)
for example

Audio : Creative
VGA : MSI / ASUS

so I was wondering what is/are the best brand(s) for RAMs :D

thanks in advance and I hope I did not dupe an old thread :D

Solution
There is no "best" RAM brand. All of the top brands provide quality RAM and a lifetime warranty usually with online tech support. Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill, Patriot and Kingston RAM will serve you well.

If you check performance reviews of RAM at Tom's or Anandtech the performance is virtually identical in DIMMs of the same frequency and latencies so you can buy whatever makes you happy. They all sell similar DIMM models at similar prices. They are all good choices.
Corsair, G.skill, Kingston.... have been the leaders for some years.. my advice is to go with Kingston or G.skill they offer cheap price and perfect performance compared to Corsair's one.
and yea Tom's hardware is always picking Kingston and G.skill for best buys and for their own setups

beenthere

Distinguished
There is no "best" RAM brand. All of the top brands provide quality RAM and a lifetime warranty usually with online tech support. Mushkin, Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill, Patriot and Kingston RAM will serve you well.

If you check performance reviews of RAM at Tom's or Anandtech the performance is virtually identical in DIMMs of the same frequency and latencies so you can buy whatever makes you happy. They all sell similar DIMM models at similar prices. They are all good choices.

Solution

bryanl

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
There definitely is a best RAM, and it's anything made with chips whose manufacturers are clearly identifiable, like Samsung, Micron, Hynix, Elpida, Nanya and a few other Taiwan chip manufacturers, and operates at standard voltage.