Sign in with
Your question

Palit gtx 460 2 gb temperature

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 3, 2010 11:07:43 AM

Hi,

I just bought my Palit GTX 460 2 GB and yesterday tasted it on my favorite game Aliens vs Predator 2010. The temperature jumped up at 81 C . A friend told me that this temperature is very high and my VGA will die. Please give me some information if this temperature is normal. I haven't clocked the VGA. The fan at 81 C is at 74% load. My case is open and is pretty old - there ain't any fans for good airflow. But from what i was told this won't matter and in addition i don't have at the moment more money to spent.

Please give me answer quick. I'm really worried.

Best regards
Nikolai

P.S.: I'm sorry for my bad english
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2010 11:54:57 AM

First, your English wasn't too bad at all.

While 81C is typically considered hot by most people, it's not quite a truly dangerous temperature. If it were hitting 95C+ regularly, there would be serious reason to worry.

Do you live somewhere hot, where daily temps are typically 26-30C or higher? High ambient air temperature will greatly affect the temperature of PC components.
a b U Graphics card
September 3, 2010 12:07:40 PM

Don't listen to your friend he's telling you the wrong thing.
81C at load is fine for a gfx card. Mine goes upto 86c and it's running fine for 2 years.

Start worrying when it gets near 90c or more.
Related resources
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 3, 2010 2:12:59 PM

shubham1401 said:
Don't listen to your friend he's telling you the wrong thing.
81C at load is fine for a gfx card. Mine goes upto 86c and it's running fine for 2 years.

Start worrying when it gets near 90c or more.

+1, The max temp is listed as 104c on the Nvidia site and the OP's friend is just being a twazzock.
September 3, 2010 7:59:34 PM

Thank you guys - i really appreciate your help, and i"ll sleep a lot better now :) 
September 3, 2010 8:07:28 PM

This forum is one of the best with the best people.
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 3, 2010 8:59:58 PM

Thank you, it's nice of you of you to say. :) 
!