Palit gtx 460 2 gb temperature

nico13

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Hi,

I just bought my Palit GTX 460 2 GB and yesterday tasted it on my favorite game Aliens vs Predator 2010. The temperature jumped up at 81 C . A friend told me that this temperature is very high and my VGA will die. Please give me some information if this temperature is normal. I haven't clocked the VGA. The fan at 81 C is at 74% load. My case is open and is pretty old - there ain't any fans for good airflow. But from what i was told this won't matter and in addition i don't have at the moment more money to spent.

Please give me answer quick. I'm really worried.

Best regards
Nikolai

P.S.: I'm sorry for my bad english

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
First, your English wasn't too bad at all.

While 81C is typically considered hot by most people, it's not quite a truly dangerous temperature. If it were hitting 95C+ regularly, there would be serious reason to worry.

Do you live somewhere hot, where daily temps are typically 26-30C or higher? High ambient air temperature will greatly affect the temperature of PC components.

shubham1401

Distinguished
Don't listen to your friend he's telling you the wrong thing.
81C at load is fine for a gfx card. Mine goes upto 86c and it's running fine for 2 years.

Start worrying when it gets near 90c or more.

+1, The max temp is listed as 104c on the Nvidia site and the OP's friend is just being a twazzock.