Fuji want 95 Pound to fix my Fine pix 40i!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Hi

Just sent my camera off to fuji to be repaired. Fault on it was that the
screen had stopped working. Everything else was fine. Just had a letter back
saying that its gonna cost £95 pound to repair. Am i the only one to think
this is excessive? Im in the balance of havin this done or not as the camera
is useless without the screen. With fuji listing something like a
Refurbished F410 for £130 pound i feel a little bemused that i could get
ANOTHER camera with a little better spec (Optical zoom but no MP3) for
thirty pound more. Just dont want to dump my 40i as i like it coz of its
simple point and click and easy features and its good taking of pictures.
Thinking of getting it repaired and then getting a Fuji F450 for £180 and
saving that for best. Whilst using my 40i for parties out and everyday use
using the NEW 12 month warranty i`ll have on it, so if i break it again
it`ll be free to fix.

Any comments would be helpful

Thanks

Jim

"Damo" <nospam@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> Any comments would be helpful

Buy a new camera. It isn't cost effective to work on these things.
Jim

Damo wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just sent my camera off to fuji to be repaired. Fault on it was that
the
> screen had stopped working. Everything else was fine. Just had a
letter back
> saying that its gonna cost £95 pound to repair. Am i the only one to
think
> this is excessive?

It's not excessive. You need a highly-skilled individual to repair a
digital camera. If you get a plumber they'd probably charge you £45
per hour or more, and plumbing is no intricate electronics.

> Im in the balance of havin this done or not as the camera
> is useless without the screen. With fuji listing something like a
> Refurbished F410 for £130 pound i feel a little bemused that i could
get
> ANOTHER camera with a little better spec (Optical zoom but no MP3)
for
> thirty pound more. Just dont want to dump my 40i as i like it coz of
its
> simple point and click and easy features and its good taking of
pictures.
> Thinking of getting it repaired and then getting a Fuji F450 for
£180 and
> saving that for best. Whilst using my 40i for parties out and
everyday use
> using the NEW 12 month warranty i`ll have on it, so if i break it
again
> it`ll be free to fix.
>
> Any comments would be helpful
>
> Thanks