New Build Wont Post No Beeps

I just bought a motherboard and power supply for a small server for Mine craft. I had a CPU left over from an old motherboard that the sound broke on it and had a hard drive from the same one with a new dvd burner I also have ram left over but its not the right type for this board. I tried booting it up no beeps or posting anything on the monitor but it has power going the the board with the led on it.. After awhile thought I installed the speaker wrong but after trying it again it still wont beep or post. I was told my CPU might be bad even if I have good or bad ram. I have ordered new ram to make sure its not the problem but also if the cpu or motherboard isnt the problem too.

The specs
Asus P5G41T- M LX
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU
On board graphics card
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430
2 answers Last reply
More about build wont post beeps
  1. I didnt realized my power supply had 8 pin connector that split into 2 4 pin connectors for my motherboard. I got it to work and eveything after i plugged it into the power supply for my motherboard.
  2. Yes it is working now and I really didnt know that or look at that connector very closely to know. I also wasnt 100 percent sure that I needed power to that part since I havent had a computer need that part to boot up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards