2 pc's, 1 wireless mouse, 1 wireless keyboard,1 monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I want to run two computers and only use one wireless keyboard ,mouse and monitor. I can see the monitor working ok with a kvm switch but how about the wireless mouse and Keyboard. If any one has a idea and maybe a hint to the switch I might use I would appreciate it. I have a weather station wired into the second PC ( Zotac Mag) I wanted a small low power pc to run the weather station because it will be on all the time. Thanks

G

But if you have 2 receivers you won't be able to choose which click etc is for which computer, both will react.

Actually my 'suggestion' was more of a question really.

Has anyone tried it?

I've done it with a keyboard cable with no problems, but are there any problems hot swapping a wireless receiver?

What about delays etc?

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I see what you mean. I guess the best way would be to have two different wireless mouse and have one wired ( USB) keyboard.
That is how I will approach it. One PC is there just for independent Virus scans and the other is there for a weather station running full time. There won't be allot of action on the weather station except for reading logs.

Bubba300

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Beware of the newer Logitech keyboards... they've omitted the 'scroll lock' key from their keyboards (which is used by some KVM's) to switch control between computers.

Their included software also doesn't support mapping another key to remedy the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.