Sign in with
Your question

HP G60-231WM NO POWER ! HELP!

Last response: in Motherboards
September 16, 2011 9:44:25 AM

1- HP G60 BLACK SCREEN 2-I COULDN'T POWER UP 3-GOT BRAVE OR STUPID AND THOUGHT MY POWER BOARD (WARRIOR 48.4J103.051) MIGHT BE BAD> DISSASSEMBLED> LOST 10 PIN ZIF CONNECTOR LOCK TAP (BING OFF)4- GOT IT RUNNING WITH TAPED RIBBON FROM WARRIOR TO ZIF CONNECTOR 5-THEN I REALLY SCREWED UP WHEN I WAS MEASURING ZIF CONNECTOR (TO FIND TYPE FOR TAB PURCHASE) ON MB WHILE POWERED ON!@#$%^&*. 6-REPLACED POWER/ON/OFF/WLAN WARRIOR BOARD(40$) 5-HAVE POWER TO MB POWER CONNECTOR, NOTHING LIGHTS, SPINS, RUNS...DEAD PLEASE HELP...I THINK I FRIED MB...THERE'S ONLY A FEW OPTIONS, AND I'M NOT A COMP ENG BUT ENJOY ELECTRONICS.

More about : g60 231wm power

September 16, 2011 11:45:29 AM

THIS IS A LAPTOP HP G60-231WM AND I AM SO IMPRESSED AND APPRECIATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE YOU FINE FRIENDS ARE PROVIDING ME...AS IT IS ABOUT TIME I GOT SOME SLEEP I WILL RETURN FRESH. I HAVE TRIED THE BASICS 1)BOOT W/OUT HD-NEGATIVE 2)POWER IS PLUGGED IN AND MAKING IT TO THE CONNECTOR BOARD PINS (NEED TO KNOW VOLTAGES ON ALL 6 PINS OF POWER CONNECTOR-EXPERIENCE HAS SHOWN 18+ VOLTS AT RED/BLACK BUT CONFUSED AS TO TP7 TO TP 11 AT POWER CONNECTOR AS WELL AS TEST POINTS ON THE TEN PIN WARRIOR ON/OFF/WLAN BUTTON BOARD...IF I COULD HAVE SOME VOLTAGE VALUES....THANK-YOU SO MUCH I WILL PICK THIS BACK UP AFTER SOME SHUT EYE...
m
l
September 16, 2011 12:27:55 PM

LAST MINUTE UPDATE B4 I HIT THE RACK 1) FINAL FAILURE OCCURRED AFTER I SO FOOLISHLY TRIED TO ACCURATELY MEASURE THE 10 PIN ZIF CONNECTOR DIMENSIONS WHILE POWERED UP (HAD DIGIKEY ON THE HORN) 2)COULD THE PRICEY ON/OFF/WLAN THAT I GOT, BE BAD TOO -(THAT'S 2 BAD WARRIOR BOARDS)? THE VERNIER CALIPER I USED IS METAL AND I PROBABLY TOUCHED THE LEFT MOST MB CONTACTS OF TEN PIN WARRIOR ON-BOARD CONNECTOR. ON/OFF AND WLAN BUTTONS AS WELL AS ALL OTHER LIGHTS/FAN, ETC SHOW NO SIGNS OF LIFE...I DO HAVE A POST ANALYZER NG W/OUT POWER EXCEPT TO HAVE NO LEDS ON..THE THREADS W/ PICS WHERE DANDY BUT WRONG MACHINE (I UNDERSTAND THAT DIFFERENCES MAY LIE ONLY IN THE SPECIFIC HARDWARE COMPONENTS I WILL FOLLOW... LEAD THE WAY .LOOKING FORWARD TO FURTHER DIAGNOSTICS....ANY MOTORCYCLE, CAR, CHEM, OR MECH QUESTIONS I WOULD BE HAPPY AND HONORED TO PROVIDE ALTHOUGH THIS MAY NOT BE THE PLACE. I'VE GOT ALOT TO LEARN BUT HAVE A LITTLE KNOW HOW AND THE SPIRIT:) 
m
l
September 19, 2011 11:24:34 AM

2013673,2,829797 said:
Hi, perform these steps http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste..., THANK -YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT INFO....L HAVE HP G60-231WM LAPTOP HARDWARE 1)BOARD 2)CONNECTORS-POWER JACK,KEYPAD, USB, TOUCH PAD, SUSPECT ON/OFF/WLAN BUTTON BOARD (WHICH I HAVE SCHEMATICS BUT NO VOLTAGES) ALL BUT PW JACK ARE FFC TO ZIF....CD HD DRIVES, MEMORY, WLAN CARDS SCREEN -ALL EXCLUDING THE HD ARE 100%TRUSTED, COULD A VIRUS CASE SUCH A CONDITION? HD. SO OPTIONS ARE LIMITED I UNDESTOOD THE BASIC INFO BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE APPLYING IT TO A REAL SIMPLE 5 COMPONENT SYSTEM......B4 I ORDER NEW MB I'D LIKE TO BE SURE THE ON/OFF/WLAN BUTTON BOARD IS GOOD...GOT TPS NO VOLTAGES DON'T WANT TO FRY ANOTHER BOARD WHILE USING CONTINUITY VOLTAGES??? OR???? CAN I USE TO BE SURE THE SWITCH IS WORKING IT'S A SMALL BOARD WITH THE ON/FF/WLAN BUTTON....SO DO I ORDER A NEW MB...I'M I MISSING ANYTHING? THERE ID ONLY THE POWER JACK LED ON NOYHING ELSE HELLLLLLLLLLLLP
m
l
!