How to select RAID or AHCI mode

cyco_092

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hello!

I have an GA-945gzm-s2 MBR and i dont know how to switch to RAID or AHCI mode in BIOS.Can anyone help me?

I triet to instal Intel Matirx Storage but i get the following message: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for instaling the software.

So i need to switch to AHCI mode then instal Intel Matrix Storage.

Can anyone help me? :??:

cyco_092

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
I have a friend who have very slow HDDs and i was thinking to put them on RAID 0.It's to bad that this MOBO don't support RAID. :??:

very slow HDDs? won't increase the performancy anyway, i had set up 4 HDDs 80 GB in RAID 0 and they gave me the same performance of my WD 500 GB :)

cyco_092

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
He have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 160 Gb.The boot time is 2 minutes :( .

Any performance tips to reduce the boot time?

Specs:

Intel Pentium D 925

GA-945GZM-S2

4 Gb Ram @ 400 MHZ

Ati Radeon 4350 1 GB

Windows 7 Ultimate 32

Thank you!

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
You have to identify the exact chip set you have only ICH7MDH, ICH7M and the ICH7R/DH support Intel Matrix Storage. You have to press F2 to enter the BIOS.

you have 2 minutes boot time... sounds very reasonable.....

Go to Gigabyt'es website you'll find out that it doesn't support Raid or AHCI, manual says
"Does not support RAID/AHCI (class code 0104/0106) hard disks."
"On a few motherboards based on Nvidia chipsets, BIOS update is required for Xpress Recovery2
to correctly identify RAID and SATA IDE mode. Please contact your motherboard manufacturer."

Janagir Ahmed

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
আমার প্রোসসর পেন্টিয়াম ৪, ২.৮১ এঐু আমার পাওযার ছাপলাই হল ৩০০ ওর্যাড আমার মট কম্পিউটারে চলে ১টি ডিভিডি রাইটার ১টি ডিভিডি রম হাডডিক্স ৮০ এই ২ পিস আর আমার রেম ১ এই আর আমার মাদার বর্ড হল ইন্টেলের মডেল : উ ১০২এএঈ২
আমার সমস্যা হলো আমি জখন ছবি কিংবা গান শুনি তখন দেখা যায় আমার কম্পিউটার খুব গরম হয়ে জায় আমি বুঝতে পারতেছি না কি আমার সমস্যা
আমার মনে হয়ে আমার পাওয়ার ছাপলাই টাতে সমস্যা তাহলে কত ওয়ার্ডের পাওয়ার ছাপলাই লাগাবো কিংবা কোন টা আমার জন্য ভালো হয়ে বোলবেন কি