Hard drive not booting

hollis_59

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a rig with I7 intel assus P6t, corsair HX 750w PSU, corsair dominator 3x2 ram, wd tb hd and a new wd vollacoraptor 600 hd, xfx ati 5850 x 2 crossfire gpu. I had a slight issue with the 24 pin power plug coming out of the socket, I reinstalled and now cannot get my HD to boot? Tried changing my ram to different slots no results, tried taking ram out no beeps, no monitor black screen saying no signal. tried to reset rig with jumper , no result, tried to plug in new hd, no result! I'm stumped any help would be very much appreciated!!

hollis_59

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Thanks Cat paw, how can that be done if I cannot see a monitor screen or get to the bios? I have checked and rechecked my cables and everything seems ok.

hollis_59

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Thanks for responding itzdanielp, when I turn my rig on the fans light up, including cpu fan, the hard drive spins up (I can hear it) but nothing appears on the monitor, it is getting no signal. I called Asus yesterday to trouble shoot, I took out all my ram but 1 card, removed one of my gpu's , left one in detached the hard drive took all other components out so that I had 1 card of ram, 1 gpu and the monitor connected. I also took out the CMOS battery and switch the jumpers around to clear everything. Put the battery back in and switched back the jumper powered up the sytem hoping it would give me a post from the mobo and nothing. The asus rep gave me an RMA to fix or replace my mobo. Can you suggest anything? I think the mobo is not synced or the bios somehow is corrupt? Thanks for any reply you may have as I like figuring these types of issues out!

Regards hollis

hollis_59

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Thanks Dan, i'll let you know the outcome when i get my rig together with the new mobo.

Hollis