Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to recover data from external hard disk which is corrupted

Last response: in Storage

Best solution

January 30, 2013 2:24:24 PM

Prabhpreet Singh said:
how to recover data from external hard disk which is corrupted ?

drives can fail in many different ways, there is not a single solution for all of them. What seems to be a problem? Symptoms? Disk Manager?
January 31, 2013 3:30:17 AM

How was this hard disk corrupted?
Generally, a hard drive can be corrupted physically and logically. Physically corrupted drive often indicates the permanent data loss. However, the logically corrupted drive often can be fixed by formatting. The inner data also can be recovered at the aid of a recovery tool. What is your situation?
If the drive is logically damaged, luckily, you can try a hard disk recovery freeware to get back your data and format this disk to see whether it can work as before. This freeware has offered four recovery options for you to choose. You can select anyone as you wish.

You can download it there: -http://blog4mark.blogspot.com/2012/11/how-to-repair-cor...

If this drive is physically damaged, you’d better send it to a data recovery company and pay some money to get back the data.
Note: You should keep your important data backed up on a separate drive in the future.
Beat wishes!
Related resources
July 19, 2013 9:02:52 AM

Using only one hard drive to save valuable files on over several years is a definite mistake because it means you have no backups of those files. You need at least two hard drives with the same files on both of them.

Your 7 years-worth of files have been overwritten by the new system backup and will therefore be partially damaged, if not wiped out completely.

You can try data recovery software to see if any of those files are recoverable, but be prepared for disappointment:
http://mcaf.ee/90okt
October 9, 2013 1:59:30 PM

hey. my hard driver lights up but its not detecting on the computer or in the disk manager. im not even sure if its corrupted. i really need the files inside my external hard drive.. any solutions ??
thanks..
aj
a c 94 G Storage
October 22, 2013 6:19:49 AM

I am closing this thread as it has become a landing site for spam.
!