MacroRunner (Front-end that starts UT2004 & starts & stops..

MacroRunner (Front-end that starts UT2004 & starts & stops services &
programs).

Not mine but...

You have got to try this program. It comes in Freeware and a registered
version as well (no nags, spyware, or ads).

There are several sites devoted to tweaking UT2004 and Windows. That's great
but you will be robbed of good performance if you are loading programs and
services when you play UT2004.

Game developers recommend you turn off antivirus, crash guards, all other
running applications because they consume CPU during the game. MacroRunner
can stop multiple Windows services easily, so they won't be loaded in memory
and they won't consume CPU during your game.

MacroRunner can be setup to automatically end programs and services, run
UT2004, then restart the programs and services. You can run the macros you
create directly or you can use the program as a front-end to load the
programs (it even unloads itself!!).

Their site http://www.closetosoftware.com/mr.html

Download http://www.closetosoftware.com/macrorunner.zip

"ken hudson" <texasken@comcast.net> Blessed us with

> MacroRunner can be setup to automatically end programs and
> services, run UT2004, then restart the programs and services.
> You can run the macros you create directly or you can use the
> program as a front-end to load the programs (it even unloads
> itself!!).

Wouldn't a program called *EndItAll* do the same thing?

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

I haven't used EndItAll. It looks like a program that was developed in 2001
and has not been updated.
It seems to stop applications but will not restart them after the game is
finished.
EndItAll is VERY stripped down compared to Macrorunner. It's like comparing
MS Word to MS Notepad.