How is my Graphics card:

I have a Nvidia GTX 275. My question is: Is my graphics card good?
8 answers Last reply
More about graphics card
  1. rhott25 said:
    I have a Nvidia GTX 275. My question is: Is my graphics card good?

Its a perfectly capable GPU. But the rest of the computer will determine what kind of performance you get out of it.

Mactronix
  2. yep, depends on the cpu and other components, i could put a 5970 in my single core amd3500+ rig but it wouldnt' do much good ;)
  3. The current setup of my computer is:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
    CD: Lite-On DH-401S 4X Blu-Ray Player
    CD2: (Special Price) LG 22X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
    HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
    HDD2: 1TB
    IEEE_CARD: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER
    MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable(TM)3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,Dual GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
    MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 896MB 16X PCIe Video Card
  4. in that setup i'd say its probably the bottleneck yes but it should still do pretty good. with most games out now
  5. Its a fine card, as long as it does what you want and need it to do, its good.
  6. Thx for the reply's. I am just thinking on buying a new graphics card but before I do so i want to see if it is worth it. If not will stick with what i have.
  7. Well, as I said in my last post, unless you are unhappy with your performance there is no reason to upgrade.
  8. The 275 is a pretty good card. If you feel you need more though you may want to consider getting a second 275, while you can since they're almost gone, and running them in SLI.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Nvidia Graphics