Sign in with
Your question

Should I take the dive and go for a SSD?

Last response: in Storage
January 30, 2013 5:05:20 PM

I am looking at this, now I was thinking of going for one, but when I did my build in June I didn't really want to spend anymore on it, but now I think it would finish it off nicely as I hate waiting for windows to be "warmed up" so to speak, now I know this is the best make and I would like to to just put my OS on it so is more than enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-Internal-Solid-State-Dr...

More about : dive ssd

January 30, 2013 5:14:58 PM

It is well worth it. You can get a 120GB SSD for around $90 if you wait for one of the top models to go on sale. You will still need HDD also, so do not think it will replace them completely.
m
l
January 30, 2013 5:18:42 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
It is well worth it. You can get a 120GB SSD for around $90 if you wait for one of the top models to go on sale. You will still need HDD also, so do not think it will replace them completely.

well considering it only is a 64GB SSD, and I am already using up 500GB of my HDD I don't think so, but just wondering if it is really worth £60 or should I put it towards a nice monitor, as I need to get myself a desk+monitor as I still don't have one :lol: 
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2013 5:19:42 PM

I have a 60GB SSD as my system drive, OS and system files and applications only, and It was seriously like the jump from dialup to broadband, huge difference. I say go for it.
m
l
January 30, 2013 5:31:36 PM

bdiddytampa said:
I have a 60GB SSD as my system drive, OS and system files and applications only, and It was seriously like the jump from dialup to broadband, huge difference. I say go for it.

Alright thanks, think I will get my desk+monitor+headphone first, they will cost around £400 :o  but after that, everything will be done!
m
l
!